Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery making tools.........

Hello Everybody,
    Do you have any idea about the best place to buy jewellery making tools? Actually, I am going to start jewellery making and I want to buy some tools for this purpose. If you have any idea about the best shop where such type of tools and equipments are available, you are most welcome to give your suggestion.

Could I suggest you look closer to home - such as India?

Comment

Jewellers tools

You don't say what your trying ot make but if you are just starting out jsut get good quality basic tools, and as you start projects build up your tools collection. I'd recommend Pliers - snipe & round nose, saw & saw blades, needle files, scribe, steel ruler, & emery sticks. All I would say is try and buy good quality tools as they will last a lifetime!
      Try MOD EDIT - ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS ADVERTISE YOUR COMPANY, THIS WON'T BE TOLERATED.
      Last edited by Peter; 16-05-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Try RioGrande they have the best prices
        Magic in your life: www.velango.com
        Fine jewellery : www.trinketsltd.com

Comment

best tool I bought is my crimping pliers
          http://www.berninacavies.piczo.com

Comment

pliers

I don't use pliers sold for jewellery making most of the time - I use very fine electrical pliers and snips by MK. Indeed two pairs of pliers were owned by my late father who got them before WW2, used them all his life and they are still immaculate.
            Much more delicate and precise. Much dearer too, though!

Comment

other places to try are Suttons Tools and Walsh who are both based in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. I've actually had large items imported from america before, the exchange rate makes it really cheap. I bought my rolling mill from contenti.com for less than half the price it would have been in this country.

Comment

Only thing i can say is that you had best look for nylon coated pliers, you'll thank me later.

Comment

ebay or google jewellery making tools and you will get a list of spe******t tool makers

Comment

This is a very old thread, started in 2007, Valarium, Lizi, and PHall...

Comment

Hi David, i think you should buy a book related to jewelry making and (wire work secrets for making jewelry) will help you in making your jewelry it will provide you wire tips, tricks and techniques to make your designs come to life.

Comment

Working...
                      X