Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LadyLizard
    replied
    Thats something id never actually realised. Im considering designing some jewellry this info was very helpful!

Leave a comment:

• Miss Polly
    replied
    Ah thank you, that makes sense. Verbal descriptions it is then

Leave a comment:

• mizgeorge
    replied
    Swarovski are incredibly tight on trademarks - almost as bad as Disney - and they do prosecute too. You'd need to give the full Crystallized™ Swarovski® Elements and would need have their permission too, which they only ever give to bead sellers, and then only those selling pretty large volumes as authorised dealers. It's easier to just refer to Austrian crystals IMO. By all means tell customers verbally what they are, but the moment you put anything in writing, it can get tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• Seahorse
    replied
    Ive heard about this and I think they have an issue with people saying they are Swarovski necklaces.You have to say they are necklaces made with Swarovski beads .
    Im my write ups I say 'necklace made with Swarovski beads.I think its becuase they make their own jewellery/necklaces and dont want buyers to think they are buying a Swarovski necklace from crafters....they will be buying a necklace made from Swarovski beads.Hope that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Polly
    started a topic Swarovski & Trademarking

Swarovski & Trademarking

I was selling at a long standing craft fair in Glasgow when Trading Standards came through. the girl next to me sold lovely jewellery (semi-precious) and had a banner with a list of all the gems she uses, including Swarovski. TS told her that she couldn't use that name specifically, and she had to take her banner down.

She was totally fine with it all, as her products are legit etc, but i wondered if anyone else has had this issue? I have started making jewellery and have some used some swarovksi crystal elements, but I don't wan't to spend any money on a banner advertising Swaros incase this is a breach of something.

TIA
Working...
X