Jewellery Suppiers in Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery Suppiers in Birmingham

Can anyone recommend any jewellery suppliers (findings mainly) in or around Birmingham? Online is all very well but sometimes I like to browse the real goods.
    Kev.
    www.steampunkkaleidoscopes.com
    www.steampunkrelics.co.uk
    If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

the Jewellery Quarter is the heart of the UK jewellery trade, so there are numerous places to browse findings and especially tools! Cookson Gold is always a good starting point, but there are many many more.

You might find the Hockley Flyer useful - http://www.thehockleyflyer.info/
    george
    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks George,
      I haven't been to the jewellery Quarter in years, I didn't want tend up wandering around aimlessly.
      thanks for the link too.
      Kev.
      www.steampunkkaleidoscopes.com
      www.steampunkrelics.co.uk
      If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

Comment

Interesting...I'm in Brum at the weekend, I might take a couple of hours to look around...practice for the Internat Gem Show in Hong Kong next month (now there is findings heaven!)

Comment

I would recommend Cooksons online & store in Birmingham Jewellery quarter. There are a lot of suppliers within the Jewellery quarter do might be worth shopping around a little beforehand.

www.metoyoujewelleryltd.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlescence View Post
            Interesting...I'm in Brum at the weekend, I might take a couple of hours to look around...practice for the Internat Gem Show in Hong Kong next month (now there is findings heaven!)
            Nothing's really open at the weekend though
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

ah..that's one more reason to go to Hong Kong for stock

Comment

Findings in Birmingham, England

I use Palmers Metals, cheaper than Cooksons but not so vast a range, and good quality, not sure they have a walk round shop though

Comment

Hey,

Just wondering but have you never thought of making your own? there not hard and it works out cheaper.

Comment

would just love to check it out.

Comment

Hockly is not what it was a few years ago . lots of factories now converted into posh flats.
                      many of the shops are no better than those on the high st
                      you need to know where to go round the back to find the real jewellers these days
                      online findings from cooksons , , caverswall minerals , kernow , palmer

Comment

I find that the big name findings houses these days are stuck in a mid-20thC business model to some extent...pretty unhelpful and restricted, as well as not cheap. I now buy direct from manufacturers in India and China and import myself mostly. I get what I want, to the extent of getting short runs of say 20 items made especially for me cheaper than I could make them myself.
                        I also handle all the importing.

Comment

Working...
                        X