Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Junkie...

Hi

New to the forum and pretty new to jewellery making. Did my first table/stall sale over the weekend and made a profit - good start I think.

Looking for ways/places to sell my stuff and was hoping to get the opinion of some more experienced people out there, namely you.

What do you think of selling thru ...

Parties
    School/Church/scout etc fairs and fetes?
    Craft fairs in general

BTW I make silver and silver wire/wire wrapped jewellery, mainly semi precious stones and pearls. Just discovered crocheting and knitting with same - new addiction. Website is a work in progress, well it will be soon.

Look forward to your answers.

Sarah
    Last edited by SJWS; 23-10-2007, 01:40 PM.

Hi Sarah!

I sell glass jewellery (well mainly). I sell the bulk of my pieces on ebay...although I've found etsy a really good place to sell too...generally you can get a better price there. I've got my own website...down at the moment as i've had a redesign. Websites are good but you'll have to spend a long time developing interest in forums like this or by advertising online or through flyers etc before it really starts to pay off. I hoping to eventually sell by my site alone.
    I've sold at craft fayres too but with varying success. I think the best thing to do with craft fayres is do a bit of research on the type of people coming. I've made a months income on fayres in November and December but the ones here are usually quite poor and it's not worth the effort any other time of year.
    I find ebay a good place to generate private sales...although it's frowned upon on the site itself-they take enough in fees so I can't see the harm.
    Make sure you get flyers/ business cards done ASAP!...it's ridiculous the amount of money I've lost being disorganised!
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Working...
    X