Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verrry Excited :)

Hello

I'm really excited today... I have been approached by one of my workmates about... hmm... kind of going into business with her
    Basically, as I have just found out ( after two years of working together! ) that she's been making and selling wedding dresses for some time now. She has a massive plan of progressing this business and maybe even opening a shop.
    She asked me if I would be interested in creating a bridal jewellery line and other bridal pieces... I'm really excited and scarred at the same time - I've never made anything wedding related in my life! I did atten my own wedding...
    She asked my as well if I would be able to start making wedding belts for dresses.. and of course.. I said YES! why no? The problem is that I've never worked with rhinestones and have no idea how to even attach them to silk... Does anyone have any idea? I know that they can be glued, sewed on (I would rather avoid this option ) or hot-fixed... I know that everyone here is more jewellery-oriented ( just like me ), but I thought that there is no harm in asking

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Karo
    My handmade fashion jewellery site: http://www.bluelizardjewellery.co.uk

Hi, sounds really exciting well done. Never used rhinestones I'm afraid so can't advise you on that front as I sew on all the beads I use. Hope you do well and I'm sure someone on here will have the answer.
    http://www.scrumptioustextiles.blogspot.com

Comment

Wowee that sounds like an amzing opportunity. I wish you all the best of luck for that. I'm excited for you Fraid I can't help you either with the crystals but your jewellery looks fab so i'm sure whatever you'll do you'll do it justice. If you have this opportunity you could try making all sorts of things! If you're worried about how they wear etc (I know I always am with my jewellery) you can always wear them for a while to check for wear and tear.
      www.mydandelionmind.wordpress.com
      Thoughts are a bit like weeds - they keep growing all over the place and you cant get rid of them easily.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftRocks View Post
        Wowee that sounds like an amzing opportunity. I wish you all the best of luck for that. I'm excited for you Fraid I can't help you either with the crystals but your jewellery looks fab so i'm sure whatever you'll do you'll do it justice. If you have this opportunity you could try making all sorts of things! If you're worried about how they wear etc (I know I always am with my jewellery) you can always wear them for a while to check for wear and tear.
        Next week I may come into my office wearing a tiara... just to check out the reaction and it it wears well

Thanks for your replies... I will keep searching for some ideas.. I'm sure that Mr Google should have the answer somewhere there...

Karo
        My handmade fashion jewellery site: http://www.bluelizardjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X