My first exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first exhibition

As promised exhibition selection has been uploaded to my website, if you click on exhibition gallery there is selection of my work that is being exhibited at The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre in Havant, Hampshire. My favourites are the cala lilies , let me know what you think ! www.hampshirejewellerydesignstudio.co.uk
    Full Time Jewellery Designer and Silversmith

You have some really nice pieces here Jane I've never used PMC but ive been tempted for a while. Can you tell me what is it like to clean up after its been fired? I love your workshop too! a crafters dream!

Comment

Thanks, the workshop has been along time coming (I used to share an industrial unit but ended up there on my own and it was lonely and very expensive!). Its fab to have such a lovley space and makes working at home much easier. In terms of PMC you really do most of the 'cleaning up' (pre-finishing) before you fire it. So make your piece, dry (air drying takes about 24 hours but can be done on warming plate or in low oven/kiln in much shorter time - anything from 20mins depeding on size). When it's dry you sand and file (very gently ) and then fire. Some finishing can be done after firing but it's then fine silver so sanding/filing etc is much the same as sterling silver.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need any more info

Jane
      Full Time Jewellery Designer and Silversmith

Comment

Working...
      X