My First Website and Facebook Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Website and Facebook Page

Thank you for choosing to open this thread.
    I have published my Jewellery Website a few weeks ago and within a few days I recieved my first order, of over £23. Was I pleased. OH YES
    I unfortunately have had no orders since.
    I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone might have regarding the setup of the site and any comments on the jewellery content.
    My Facebook page is also up and running but I have to admit the 'workings' of Facebook is still VERY NEW to me, so my apologies. Please like it or leave a message.
    Any help on any of above please and happy summer holidays to all.

Nice photos and clear navigation on your site & really well done on getting a sale so quickly. It does take some time to get your website noticed so it isn't unusual for you not to get too many yet.

One thing I did notice on your site is that your postal address & telephone number isn't shown which is a legal requirement under Distance Selling Regulations. Also, some of your line spacing and breaks are a bit odd which makes it uncomfortable to read (e.g. on your Returns & Postage page)

Love that lava necklace on your home page - really unusual!
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

^^Your Facebook link isn't working, but perhaps because it has got the extra - Handmade Jewellery bit on the end included in the link.....?! not sure...
      :: googlie-eye Designs :: Handmade gifts & accessories from recycled materials, giving new life to old discarded things!

g00glie-eye's Website
      g00glie-eye's Shop
      g00glie-eye on Facebook

Comment

Thanks googlie-eye Designs I will have a look at the returns page and add my address etc. New to this website launching.
        Facebook I have no idea how to get it to work properly. Will keep trying though. Help Please anyone out there.
        This forum is brilliant for help and information from the crafters who have had the same problems. If all fails Ill ask my son who is never off Facebook.

Comment

I'm never off Facebook either and I usually am busy adding bits and pieces to my business Facebook page too (see my signature) - - what is it you are stuck with on Facebook, maybe I can help?
          :: googlie-eye Designs :: Handmade gifts & accessories from recycled materials, giving new life to old discarded things!

g00glie-eye's Website
          g00glie-eye's Shop
          g00glie-eye on Facebook

Comment

This link should work for you http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ivy-Cr...02858319769894 fingers crossed x
            Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Sarah a lifesaver What was I doing wrong. Now do I copy and paste the link.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrolo View Post
                Sarah a lifesaver What was I doing wrong. Now do I copy and paste the link.
                You should be able to just copy and paste the link from my reply..... x
                Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Have changed it in my signature. Thank you again Sarah.

Ivy Creations Jewellery.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrolo View Post
                    Have changed it in my signature. Thank you again Sarah.

Ivy Creations Jewellery.
                    No probs.... xx
                    Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Have been to like you on Facebook. Lovely website.
                      Annie

Comment

Working...
                      X