Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nickle free tiara band

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nickle free tiara band

    hi does anyone know anywhere that does nickel free tiara bands and is nickel safe the same as nickel free?
    Something Shiny Something Sparkly
    Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
    My blog
    Facebook

  • #2
    nickle safe means that something is within the eu regularions of nickle.
    nickle free means free of nickle.

    I've not come accross any other than plastic bases.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Try Glitzy Jewels http://www.glitzy-jewels.co.uk/acata...ssories_3.html if you want to buy in bulk, or http://www.tiaramaking.com/Tiara%2BH...s_shopping.php if you want to buy smaller quantities. As these are both in the UK they should comply with nickel regulations, but there's no harm in asking them before you place your order.
      Annie

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by iBeads View Post
        Try Glitzy Jewels http://www.glitzy-jewels.co.uk/acata...ssories_3.html if you want to buy in bulk, or http://www.tiaramaking.com/Tiara%2BH...s_shopping.php if you want to buy smaller quantities. As these are both in the UK they should comply with nickel regulations, but there's no harm in asking them before you place your order.
        generally in the uk, unless something states that it is nickle free, metal findings do contain it.
        The tiara bands on both those sites listed don't mention nickle content, therefore I'd assume they contain it.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you for your replies. The other 2 ideas I have come up with is to maybe pad the bottom of the hair band by glueing felt to it but if the looks messy which I think may well do then I can bind the hair band with ribbon. Both of which the customer is quite happy for me to do.
          Thank you again
          Something Shiny Something Sparkly
          Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
          My blog
          Facebook

          Comment


          • #6
            Ive wrapped a few bands lately with silk thread, when customers want the bands to match their hair colour. This is quite effective and doesnt make the bands "bulky" like ribbon does
            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow gbell that must take quite a while to do. I bet is is stunning too
              Something Shiny Something Sparkly
              Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
              My blog
              Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                generally in the uk, unless something states that it is nickle free, metal findings do contain it.
                The tiara bands on both those sites listed don't mention nickle content, therefore I'd assume they contain it.

                I've ordered from both of these sites, and spoke to them before ordering. This is what the REACH regulations/Trading Standards advise is needed to comply. Both assured me they were nickel compliant.
                Annie

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dizzydiza View Post
                  Wow gbell that must take quite a while to do. I bet is is stunning too
                  It does look nice, but its not as time consuming as you think once you get on a roll, just dont let anyone interupt you though!
                  www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X