Last commission in Cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last commission in Cornwall

This is the last commission I will do in Cornwall. It is a wedding ring in Lignum Vitae, size V. Really hard to photograph as all my stuff is packed away so had to do it in the sun.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

That's lovely Pete and the wood is gorgeous with the different colour bands running through it.
    Are you moving far? Sorry that's me being nosey feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
    My website http://www.mias-craft-ideas.com
    My blog http://blog.mias-craft-ideas.com/
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/miascraftideas

Comment

Originally posted by Mia Craftyfox View Post
      That's lovely Pete and the wood is gorgeous with the different colour bands running through it.
      Are you moving far? Sorry that's me being nosey feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
      Thank you. It is a very hard wood so ideal for this sort of thing and has natural oil so will get better with time and use. It used to be used for bearings on ship which says how durable it is.
      I am moving 205 miles, to your county actually LOL.

Pete
      Last edited by bodrighy; 04-06-2011, 11:44 AM.
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

The more I look at that ring the more I love it, I can see my husband in something like that, would you mind pm'ing me with a very approximate price for something along those lines please Pete? Also would that type of wood be able to cope with smaller more delicate sizing for women's hands? Cheers me dears x
        www.belovedly.co.uk
        www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
        www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Thank you Ali. PM sent
          Facebook

Website

Comment

Love that Pete. Lignum Vitae is such a nice wood, the colours are subtle but enhance with age. Not unlike Tigers Eye Semi-precious stone in colour. If I ever get married again I will know where to come for the ring LOL

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
              Love that Pete. Lignum Vitae is such a nice wood, the colours are subtle but enhance with age. Not unlike Tigers Eye Semi-precious stone in colour. If I ever get married again I will know where to come for the ring LOL

Mo.XX
              Thanks Mo. It is a lovely wood and ideal for this sort of thing. I would love to make your wedding ring if you decide to do it all again. LOL Be an honour

Pete
              Facebook

Website

Comment

I know I'm an old cynic but Mo, do you really want to end up doing someone elses dirty washing again just for a beautiful wooden ring
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                  I know I'm an old cynic but Mo, do you really want to end up doing someone elses dirty washing again just for a beautiful wooden ring
                  Oh Carol, have you no romance in your soul LOL. Teach him to use a washing machine LOL. I'm going to have to do mine.

Pete
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

I'm nobodys fool, I already have.
                    Carol

Comment

I'm nobodys fool, I already have.
                      Good for you. My lessons start next week if I can find a suitable tutor LOL

Pete
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

If the Tutor wants any guidance just point them in my direction, only too willing to help.
                        Carol

Comment

If the Tutor wants any guidance just point them in my direction, only too willing to help.

Thaks Carol, I think they should be OK, they have had plenty of experience dealing with stupid men so can probably handle me. I am fairly easy to handle apparently.

Pete
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

What an admission. OK. So its a case of "Watch this space" then.
                            Carol

Comment

What an admission. OK. So its a case of "Watch this space" then.
                              I was brought up by a grandmother was married for 30+ years and have three bossy daughters...I never stood a chance did I? LOL.
                              Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                              X