Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head and eyepins question

I have head and eyepins but what gauge does everyone use

As am finding mine hard to wrap etc when trying to make a wrapped loop for example

HIya, Im no expert but to add beads to tiaras I use 0.4mm, hope that helps in some way.There should be a gauge chart on the net somewhere, youl probably need something thickert than 0.4 to keep the shape.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Ease of wrapping is usually less to do with wire gauge than the material they're made of.

I'm guessing you're using plated pins, which could be made from just about any metal, ranging from copper (soft) to steel (very hard), with a silver plating. As a general rule, use the heaviest gauge you can fit through your beads - this will always look more generous - and spend the little bit extra on good quality findings.
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thank you Seahorse its appreciated will have a look on google shortly

Comment

Sorry Mizgeorge we must of posted at similar times as didnt see your post

Thank you for that will have alook around for some findings that can work with easier mine by the feel of them to work with are probably a harder metal so will look out for ones that are a good quality but softer to work with

Comment

Hi,

I find 24 guague wire and head/ eyepins do the business for me. Still relatively easy to wrap but they look substantial.

If I'm using really small beads I go for 26 guage wire or fiindings.

Hope this helps!

Jo xx
            Shimmering Beads ~ Semi Precious Beads & Pearls

Comment

I find 24 ga is best as well, (in sterling)
              Can't get on with wrapping anything thicker, does my hands in for a week
              Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Working...
              X