Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best website for selling jewellery?

Hi all,

I have been mucking around with Create but can't seem to get a decent picture quality. Would also like it to be a bit cheaper

Never got on with Mr Site, don't know why because I have seen some great Mr Site sites on here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    BLOG: http://ficklemoon.blogspot.com/

Sorry, I'm a MrSite girl!

Haven't tried any other software, so can't really advise. Not much help I'm afraid!!

Sarah Gail Designs
    Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
    Crafty Cat Events
    Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

You can add extra pictures to your item on create to help with the quality of their shop pictures, it's just a bit more time consuming

Try GBBO / google sites for a free website, the shop is a bit different, but again you can add in extra pictures which have no restrictions on quality (I don't think anyway) would show mine but my google sites shop is a bit different, i run it through my create shop for now til I get to grips with the site

Example of the extra picture in the create shop...
      http://www.handmadebydi.co.uk/oursho...rings-Set.html
      Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

I've literally just done my site with Create and I found their support staff incredibly helpful. It might also be worth asking for advice on their users forum. I haven't gone for the extra pictures option yet as I thought I'd see how it goes but perhaps the investment would pay off.

Good luck
        Morenwyn

www.finishingtouchesjewellery.co.uk
        www.notonthehighstreet.com/finishingtouches

Comment

If you're willing to pay a bit more than check out Shopify - they have fab templates and make life as a seller very easy!

My subscription only costs about £30 a month, plus you get the first month for free so you can play around and decide if you want to go ahead with their backend system before buying
          Gemma Church
          Star Stealer Jewellery
          Email: [email protected]

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarStealerJewellery
          And on Twitter: @Starstealergem

Comment

Have you tried just starting off small - say using Wordpress (blogging software) but you can get an addon that enables you to sell online.

Use a self hosted wordpress because that will let you use whatever addons/plugins you like - your probably looking at around £30 / year for someone to host a wordpress site and set it up for you.

Good start if you have little funds to support it. Would avoid Mr Site though. They can look nice but not the best bet.

Comment

I use GBBO for my website and ECWID for my shop using Paypal. they are both very easy to set up. x
              Lucie Simmons
              Angels and Diamonds

<3 <3 ***** An angel in the mist, a diamond in the rough, a heart made of gold, jewellery made with love *****<3 <3

My Website www.angels-and-diamonds.co.uk
              Facebook:www.facebook.com/angelsanddiamonds
              My Blog: http://angels-and-diamonds.blogspot.com
              My Folksy Store: www.folksy.com/shops/AngelsandDiamonds

Comment

Is Etsy any good?

I have been considering using etsy in addition to my own site. HAve other people used it much? Is it worth the fees?
                Fused Glass Jewellery - hand-made with dichroic glass and silver
                Facebook page for Sonya's Glass and Silver Jewellery
                Examples of my Fused Glass Jewellery on Flickr

Comment

What about Ebay

Have you been selling on Ebay.
                  www.sandrjewellery.co.uk
                  Silver jewellery, Pearl jewellery and Semi Precious jewellery.

Comment

I used shopcreator when I first set up. There was no fee.
                    I found the templates very restrictive, but it give me time to set up the business without any financial drain.
                    I worked on the principal that it was in shopcreator's interest to be helpful, as they earned commssion from every sale. However I have found the Create support much easier.
                    Frances
                    www.pollypolkadot.co.uk

My Blog

Comment

Hi I've just set up a second website - about £7 a month to get the main features like Google shopping but it seems very easy to use - what I've done so far took about 2 days - if you click my bridesmaid jewellery link below you can see what I've done so far with it. It's with freewebstore.org
                      Bridal Hair Accessories

Comment

i've been using moonfruit and find it really easy to use. I have only gone for the free package so far so i havent used the shop feature but it looks pretty simple as well.
                        Wendy x

http://pixiedustjewellery.blogspot.com/ - My New Blog

http://icraft.moonfruit.com Hull & East Yorkshire's Craft Group

http://facebook.com/pages/Pixie-Dust...28723157141186 my Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by S&R Jewellery View Post
                          Have you been selling on Ebay.
                          I think eBay tends to attract buyers who are too focused on lower prices, rather than quality or the how the things are made, so I tend to avoid it. Maybe I am wrong.
                          Fused Glass Jewellery - hand-made with dichroic glass and silver
                          Facebook page for Sonya's Glass and Silver Jewellery
                          Examples of my Fused Glass Jewellery on Flickr

Comment

I use Etsy and have had some success. My bead sets seem to sell ok on their but none of my jewellery has sold yet.
                            Alison
                            Pure Glass Beads

My web site - Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads

Visit My Facebook Page

Comment

I use a shopping cart from Interspire. Its a little more expensive than some but is very easy to use and has a lot of really nice features. They sell it as a one off system (you pay once and its yours for life) or as subscription service. The subscription service is called Big Commerce (bigcommerce dot com)
                              Alison
                              Pure Glass Beads

My web site - Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads

Visit My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X