Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sievert soldering torch

Hello

Does anyone use a sievert soldering torch? If so what size nozzel do they use? We need to buy one but are not sure of the correct size needed in order to melt all types of silver solder.

Thanks

I rarely use my sievert any more, but when I did, I had two sizes - one for fine soldering and another for melting and annealing. I have a separate neckpiece for each.
    Cheapest by far from Hamilton Gas.
    george
    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

I second Mizgeorge except I used mine yesterday to anneal some decorative belt ends. I was going to say what are you making? If it's tiny jewellery then you just need a small fits in your hand torch (although I started with a Sievert and a small nozzle). If you are more ambitious (or hoping to be) and doing middle sized, big stuff amd melting, get a range of nozzles, small, middle and big.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for your comments. Do you know what item number your middle sized nozzel is? Ive got a small and large nozzel alread but they are not suitable - either far too hot and big flame, or not enough. Before i buy yet another one just wanted to see what size/item number other people use.

Comment

The one I used to anneal somethings thin, 6 inches long, and somethings thicker 3 inches wide has a 1.2cm diameter. I wouldn't use that one to solder pin heads or jumprings (well, I could and have but it's much easier to use my small torch). To anneal a crown 4 inches high and 22 inches long I used a nozzle 2cm across. ...and I have a yet bigger nozzel my husband pinches occasssionally for old fashioned plumbing.

Comment

Working...
          X