Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap craft displays

Hello,

I've just found out I've been given a stall at a local craft fair, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on creative and different (and hopefully cheap) ways to display jewellery?

I've read a couple of forums where people are spray painting branches and using vases but wondered what other ideas people might have that are useful?

My jewellery is quite dainty so I'm really looking for ways for it to stand out.

I don't want to spend a fortune either so the cheaper the better!
    Gemma Church
    Star Stealer Jewellery
    Email: [email protected]

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarStealerJewellery
    And on Twitter: @Starstealergem

My jewellery is pretty delicate too....I found some little acryllic display stands on ebay for under a fiver including postage...it's worth having a look on there.... Good luck with the fair, let us know how you get on x
    Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Depending on how many fairs you plan to do and whether you want to spend any money at all, it is a good time to get creative!

Look at what you already have at home that you can use. Boxes placed under your cloth can be great to create height on your table and areas can be highlighted with lighting (if you are able to get to electricity on your stall). Using boxes which can be folded flat to transport them as well as ones you are using to carry your stock in means that they take up little space in your car and can be lightweight.

Using two cloths of the same colour (one on the table and one to cover your boxes) will give a great and simple effect. Have a trial run at home - set up a table of the same size as you will be using at the fair and start playing around with different set ups. Take lots of photos and notes of what is where when you find one you like so that you can recreate it easily at your fair and don't worry if you don't get it right straight away - you can change things around during the day and are likely to come home with loads of ideas of what to do differently next time.

Personally (as a shopper), I prefer to look at the more delicate jewellery with a solid background as the more intricate details get lost when they are hanging on a freestanding display.

Hope this helps and good luck with the fair (don't forget to come back to let us know how you get on!)
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I'm with Ali on the solid background point. Personally I don't like all these "gimmicky" displays, I think it detracts away from the quality and workmanship of the designs. I know I've gone on about my displays I bought a couple of weeks ago but if you can I'd try and splash out as much as you can on some good quality display stands. I had some bracelets displayed on mirrored coasters at a wedding fayre on Sunday, they give a great effect. It's amazing what a difference some good displays can make. There are some fab ebay shops selling them.

Comment

Hi,
          This site is excellent for marketing your business, signs, banners etc..for your craft stalls.
          Enter this code: CAW
          On any purchase within the Marketing Store you will receive 5% discount
          How cool is that.. Stand out from the crowd: http://www.bhma.co.uk/

Comment

I got an offer today from Vistaprint for lots of free things....one of them was a banner......sounded a very good deal.....worth looking into....
            Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

I found a blog for craft displays not long ago and posted it here. Will see if I can find it again!

Here its is http://craftshowdesigns.blogspot.com...ace%20Displays Got some great DIY displays too!
              Last edited by pixiedoodles; 21-02-2011, 07:37 PM. Reason: To add webpage
              With love
              Em
              xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
              www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
              http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

Hi,

I've just bought some reasonably priced acrylic stands from a guy on eBay. He was really great and made them exactly to the size / dimensions I wanted. He's even trying to make me a special stand for bracelets.
                Message me and I'll send you his details. I'll check with him ask if it's ok for me to post his details on here too.

Comment

Hello again,
                  I've checked with him and he says it's ok for me to post his details.
                  His name is Dean and he can be contacted at [email protected]
                  Hope this helps someone, he really helped me!

Comment

Thanks guys - all your replies and ideas are a great help and I am going to scour eBay to bag some bargains

The show isn't until the end of March - it's the Thriplow Daffodil Fair in Cambridgeshire on the 26th and 27th: http://thriplow.org.uk/cms/index.php?page=dwweekend

If anyone fancies popping along I will be on the village green (and praying for good weather!!!)
                    Gemma Church
                    Star Stealer Jewellery
                    Email: [email protected]

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarStealerJewellery
                    And on Twitter: @Starstealergem

Comment

Working...
                    X