Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing wire ends?

Hi All!

I am not a jeweller but I want to make some cross stitched wine glas charms. I have some wire that I can use to put through the stitched material but I have no idea how to finish the ends of the wires safely.

I am hoping someone can advise how you finish the ends off?

Basically, I was given a bag of stuff and I am thinking of things to do with it!

Thanks!
    For an eclectic range of cross stitch kits visit Midnight Curiosity

usually wineglass charms use memory wire which hold its shape and then you turn the ends around a pair of pliers to form circles.
    http://crystalvelvetweddings.blogspo...neglass+charms
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

or use memory wire end caps like these:

http://www.beadalon.com/BaseMemoryWireEndCaps.asp
      Annie

Comment

Hello

Just be careful which pliers you use as memory wire is a tough ole wire and will ruin any 'nice' jewellery cutters you may have!

I made my own wire rings with a simple loop and stick catch from silver plated wire (0.8mm I think), filing the ends so they weren't sharp. Just find something round of the size you want them to be, to wrap the wire round. Metal will harden as it's worked so should hold it's shape ok.

Alternatively you can buy ready made loops to save the time : ) and use the wire for something else!!

Good Luck! x

Comment

Thanks! I may have to take the wire into our local bead shop as to me it's just wire! I dont know what kind it is.

Seems to be moderatly flexible.
          For an eclectic range of cross stitch kits visit Midnight Curiosity

Comment

If its not memory wire then i would tuck it in as much as you can and file down any sharp bits.
            Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X