website help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website help!!

Hi everyone! i've just left my web host and im looking for somwhere else as i found my last one unsuccesfull, im looking at one called create.....does anyone have any experiance with create? or another build your own website host? (one thats fairly simple to use as im no expert in websites!
    Last edited by Jellybead; 16-02-2011, 07:52 PM.
    www.emmamichelle.co.uk

I went with Create. Not for any wonderful reason but they were the first I found and cheap enough for my small budget but I haven't regretted it. I had some teething problems with my shop but that was me not understanding how to set up the payment gateways correctly. The Create help team sorted it for me though I didn't get responses til the next day so it was a bit of a process trying to sort. Create seem to be be constantly updating and adding new features and widgets which is good. The ability to directly list with ebay is great.

I love the fact that I can publish to the web immediately. I have certaintly noticed since joining the forum that a lot of crafters have chosen Create. many, many websites are powered by Create !!!! I started off knowing nothing about building a website. Now I have been running for 3 months and feel pretty much on top of it.
    Nikkii at Rosebud Crafts www.rosebudcrafts.co.uk
    Like us on Facebook : Rosebud Crafts - Grandma, Granddaughter and Pup
    Follow us on Twittter: Nikkii Griffith @RosebudCrafts
    Follow our blog: rosebudcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for your reply i am definatly looking at going with create and it sounds from your experiance that is fairly simple and straight forward to use, i think im going to try the 30 day trial period too which i thought was helpfull!
      thanks again!
      emma x
      Last edited by Jellybead; 16-02-2011, 08:04 PM.
      www.emmamichelle.co.uk

Comment

If you look through old threads you'll see this discussion has come up before. Take a look at my website and it'll show you what Create offers - mine was easy to set up and nothing special. I'd like to develop it more over time.

Comment

Cool. Hope you get on with it ok. There will be plenty of help on the forum cos loads of us using Create.

Comment

Thanks i will x x
            www.emmamichelle.co.uk

Comment

your website is lovely
              www.emmamichelle.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I also have no problem in recommending Create, I did the 30 day trial when setting up my basic website and found it quite simple to get the look I was after. Like you I also didnt have very much experience with building a website but you dont need to be an expert. I did need to email once or twice for advice, they replied the following day, and there is also a Create forum which contains lots of info aswell and you can ask other users questions if you need help. You can cancel at any time so you wont be losing lots of money if you later decide its not for you. x
                http://www.folksy.com/shops/SterlingHearts

www.sterlingheartsjewellery.co.uk

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have

Comment

I would certainly recommend Create. I moved from Mr Site early last year and haven't looked back since. Use the 30-day trial to have a real play around and get your site build started then you will be ready to go. I love that changes you make to your shop update instantly which is really handy if you need to go and make a quick amendment.

The support at Create is brilliant - they are great at responding really quickly to messages and speak good plain English!

I am sure you won't regret it!
                  Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                  Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                  Follow me on Twitter:
                  @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

My website is made through Create. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with them, the owners are very helpful and the forum area is great for advice and information. There is quite a community spirt amonst some of the other website customers too

Comment

great i think my mind is made up! 30 day trial period here i come!
                      www.emmamichelle.co.uk

Comment

Flamingo, your site looks very different from the templates I have seen, did you use the extra web designers kit?

Another vote for create here, easy, professional and a super order management system
                        Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Loving Banner!

Originally posted by Nichola_jh View Post
                          Hi

I also have no problem in recommending Create, I did the 30 day trial when setting up my basic website and found it quite simple to get the look I was after. Like you I also didnt have very much experience with building a website but you dont need to be an expert. I did need to email once or twice for advice, they replied the following day, and there is also a Create forum which contains lots of info aswell and you can ask other users questions if you need help. You can cancel at any time so you wont be losing lots of money if you later decide its not for you. x
                          Hi
                          I've taken a look at your website as I'm hoping to use Create for mine soon - and yours is fantastic! Can I just ask how you got your very professional banner - it looks great at the top of the website. I'm not very technical, so any help would be appreciated!!
                          K x

Comment

Originally posted by notsocommoncrafts View Post
                            Hi
                            I've taken a look at your website as I'm hoping to use Create for mine soon - and yours is fantastic! Can I just ask how you got your very professional banner - it looks great at the top of the website. I'm not very technical, so any help would be appreciated!!
                            K x
                            Awww thank you, although I cant claim the credit for the banner unfortunately. I had a friend design it for me based on one of my bracelet photos. I know that there are some talented people on Folksy who do banner designs for a very good price, it may be worth having a look on there. Good luck with the website x x
                            http://www.folksy.com/shops/SterlingHearts

www.sterlingheartsjewellery.co.uk

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have

Comment

Working...
                            X