I want to make a watch - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to make a watch - HELP!

I've bought 2 watch faces (from Jillybeads) but really don't know where to start with making nice "straps" I just don't know where to start, I've seen a design using swarovski 4mm biocones but would it be prickly to wear?

I have to make my Nan one that's elasticated because she can't do her usual one up.

Where should I look for inspiration?
    http://www.berninacavies.piczo.com

Hi Naomi

The latest Bead Mag has a beaded watch in it. I have just received it in the post so I am not sure if it is in the shops yet. This could be good for inspiration. I always use a picture search on google for inspiration as well!

I think a lot of people do use swarovski for watches but I think I would prefer a smoother, rounder bead - especially if it was for my nan! There are some really sparkley round beads out there - as an idea how about Glass Crackle Beads? These are smooth on the outside but the cracked glass on the inside gives them the sparkle.

Just as another idea - rather than just using plain white elastic cord why not use some different coloured elastic cord so that when the watch is stretched it still looks extra pretty ;-)

Hope that helps

Fran xx
    www.hellobeads.co.uk
    Hello Beads Online Bead Shop- "Little Things, Great Joy"

Comment

Working...
    X