Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !

Hi

I would like to start making some jewellery for myself. I am abit of a magpie, love anything shiny. I already have quite a selection of crystal jewellery.

This is for my own use only as I already have my card making supplies business so any advise on where to start etc would be greatfully received.

Thanks!
    jasmines-cards.co.uk
    Crafts ~ Scrapbooking ~ Weddings

watch a few you tube jewellery making videos till something grabs your eye and see what type / style of jewellery is your kind of thing you would want to make,

Good luck with your new venture

Looking forward to seeing what your create

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

There are also some good magazines with ideas and projects. Bead magazine and Make Jewellery are two popular ones.

Good luck with your new hobby. There are plenty of people on this forum willing to help if you get stuck with anything.

Anne
      Annie

Comment

best of luck - enjoy your new passion

Comment

I would suggest just going to you local bead or craft shop and buy some beads which you like the look of. Look at your own jewellery and magazines for ideas. Magazines or books will have projects in for you to do.
          I would suggest
          beads - some seed beads(small round) and some larger interesting ones, crystals, round beads, wooden beads, different shapes
          findings - a pack of clasps, or earring hooks.
          Stringing - thread, nylon, wire, elastic.
          These are suggestions to get you started but buy some of these and play around with what looks good to you.
          Hope this helps, good luck : )
          http://handcraftedbykayleigh.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good luck and have fun with your new craft...it's very addictive, so be prepared! =)
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Also take a trip out to a shop that sells jewellery that you can look at, pick up, and get up close and personal with
              That is what made me start, by looking at how it was made and going home and trying to make it
              Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Visit your local bead stores or try to find a show. Not only will you find helpful people behind counters, but the lovely people shopping might be able to spark ideas or offer advice. One of the easiest ways to strike up a dialogue is to wear some jewelry you are fond of - especially if it is something you or a friend designed.
                Soft Flex Company

Soft Flex Company on Twitter

Soft Flex Company on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X