Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and where to sell jewellery

Hi Everyone,
    Just to introduce myself - my name's Gem and I'm new to this forum. Have had a read through and theres loads of interesting and helpful stuff! Can anyone help with tips on how and where to sell my handmade jewellery? I may be able to sell some in a local wildlife trust shop - fingers crossed! I'm also looking at craft fairs and am thinking about selling on eBay. Would you recommend having a website? Thanks,

Hi Gem...did you give ebay a try? would love to know how you got on....
    Alison xx
    DestinyUK..Found at the End of Every rainbow
    Check it out!

DestinyUK..My Ebay Shop
    Beads 'n' Stuff!

If you like SPOOKY stuff, you will love this!!

Comment

jewellery

how did you managed to get involved with the wildlife trust to selling it?
      Crystal Candy Jewellery Quality beaded jewellery Find me on ebay search under seller C_rennie21 for some unmissable jewelley products as amazing prices!!

Comment

Re: How and where to sell jewellery

Hi

Ebay is hit and miss. I was reading a thread in another forum and the general comment was that jewellery did sell well until about 1 year ago.

The problem is that a few sellers are giving ebay a bad name by having inflated postage rates and not being honest. When I first joined ebay, I bought jewellery but I was disappointed a few times too. £4 postage for instance, which as a new user, at the time, I hadn't really noticed. Also the description is SO important.

I think if your piece is a bit different, this is a bonus. My advice: do your research on ebay, have a look at the jewellery section, etc. Another problem which has arisen recently is people selling jewellery at 0.99p and sending it from Asia.

A lot of people said the customer likes to ''touch'' the jewellery and how true is this?

Saying all that, I have sold a couple of pieces amongst all my beads, although I have no finished jewellery for sale at the moment.

Craft fairs are a good outlets for jewellery, always selling from what I can see. One of my customers sells to friends and family, but she knows a lot of people!! She does bespoke jewellery and started her own website. She has tried shops but it seems to be a bit slow.

I think it's best to try several routes and find the one that works for you. Another of my customers does really organising jewellery party.

Hope this helps (sorry, a bit long!)

Bea
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

JEWELLERYU SUPPLIER!!

HI
          I AM SORRY THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU CAN SELL YOUR JEWELLERY BUT WHAT I CAN HELP YOU WITH IS CHEAP PRICES ON JEWELLERY MAKING EQUIPMENT RANGING FROM BEADS, CLASP AND EVEN BEAD WIRE.

SO IF ANY1 OUT THERE WANT TO GIVE ME A TRY THEN WHY NOT E-MAIL ME AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU MY PRODUCT CATALOGUE AND THAN IT IS ALL DOWN TO YOU

Comment

Have you got a website we can look at ?

PS its best not to shout at people.. take the cap lock off..
            sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I am afraid i do not have a website as i am just startin off

and thanks for the ADVICE..Lol

But i will be more then happy to send you my product catalogue!!

Comment

Originally posted by online_eclipse
                I am afraid i do not have a website as i am just startin off

and thanks for the ADVICE..Lol

But i will be more then happy to send you my product catalogue!!
                Hi,
                I have pm'd you'd.
                RB
                A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

what does pm'd you'd mean please clarify!!

Comment

Private message...
                    Below this relpy your see a buttom say PM this is your mail account on the forum...

You can access it by going to the link to the left of the profile link @ the top of the page...
                    sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi
                      If you are still interested in where to sell jewellery - there is a bead & jewellery fair in Chester on October 1st 2006. It will be the first one to be held there. It is for those who make hand-crafted jewellery, bead related items and for those who sell components/beads.

More details can be found on www.cheshire-uk.com/fair.htm

Comment

I have started selling my jewellery on ebay two months ago and it is going quite well. I started selling it quite cheap to start off with and thankfully the people that bought it left fantastic feedback and bought some more. I had to start with a ZERO feedback rating so i was surprised when it went well.

I'm sort of breaking even just now which i dont mind because i decided to start with lower prices and build the shop up gradually. It has been 7 weeks since i opened the shop and i've sold 127 pieces do far.

It might work out, it might not, we'll have to wait and see !!!

Forgot to say, i buy my materials on one account and use another account purely for selling, that way my customers dont know how much i pay for my materials.
                        Last edited by Sticky Nicky; 26-06-2006, 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot to add some info
                        http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nicolas-Sparkly-Stuff

Comment

Well done Sticky Nicky! Maybe you could let us know what your shop is and put it in your signature? I'd love to see what you do!

Have you tried craft fairs or selling to shops?
                          Craft fairs can be hit and miss and you just have to learn which one work for you. Selling to shops is another interesting venue and sometimes they ask you don't sell to any other shop within a 10 mile radius (for instance).
                          Jewellery parties always seem to do well. A customer of mine who only started earlier this year doing bits and pieces for herself has had her very own first jewellery party this month and was over the moon with the results.
                          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I've put my shop in my signature for you !!!

I haven't tried craft fairs, to be honest, i don't have the confidence yet. I only started jewellery making in March when my dad got cancer and at the time i just didnt want to deal with it so i started messing around with beads and it started from there.

So i apoligise for my " amatuer " work compared to everyones on here !!!
                            http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nicolas-Sparkly-Stuff

Comment

If it's selling, you must be doing something right!! Very nice! Can't go wrong with Swarovski!

Comment

Working...
                              X