Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High polish on pewter favours

Hi,

I'm new here. I'm making some pewter spoons for favours at my wedding (5 weeks) I've already made the pattern and had a first mould made and had 6 sample spoons cast (centrifugal).

I've managed to achieve a really high level of polish on them using fine sandpaper: the final grit being a 12000 they (I think) look great.

The only problem is it took me a good 20 minutes to achieve that.

My real skill is in soft & hard (wood & plaster) sculpture and ive never really had any experience in metalwork. I wondered if there was a way to speed his up. Is there anywhere I could buy some very fien grit attachments for my dremel (oddly dremel themselves don't see to do any)

I've checked a handfu of jewllery suppliers I found via google but none seem very good so far and dont have anything I could use
    Last edited by Spoons; 14-09-2010, 02:17 AM.

Just wanted to say to the forum.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi

We have silicon polishers that can be used with the dremel - you can work your way through the grades as you would with sandpaper. They are great on silver, and as there are different shapes available you can get into awkward shapes and spaces.

http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...hing-supplies/

(scroll down the page a bit and you will see the cylinder, wheel and knife wheel shapes and mandrels to attach to your dremel)

Hope that helps!

Hannah
      WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
      Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

Originally posted by Kernowcraft View Post
        Hi

Hope that helps!

Hannah
        I beat you to it Hannah, I called you or someone else this morning and placed an order

Thanks for the reply though, look forward to the post tmrw!

Comment

I thought it might have been you on the phone to my colleague just as I was replying! Funny coincidence that I was reading your post at the same moment!

Hope it all works out well - Send us a photo - would be great to see what you're making!
          WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
          Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

Working...
          X