Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Prep

Hi there,

Is everyone busy getting ready for every jewellery sellers favourite period of the year, Christmas of course. I am busy casting elements of my new ranges, ready for them to be put together during the quiet times of October and early November. I feel like im running a mini factory just doing a few certain jobs at the moment, with all the unfinished items of jewellery sat asking me to finish them, but i know i need to keep on casting and piling up all these pieces.

Anyway how are you all fairing with getting stock ready? Have you got many fairs & events planned for the run in? Im trading in Surrey for most of december so i cant come home and make extra stock its got to all be done and ready including hallmarking etc before then.

Im 25 but i think i may have a few grey hairs come closing time on christmas eve.

Stu
    Sterling silver jewellery designed and made by Stuart Colclough in Wales.

www.scsilver.co.uk

www.scsilver.blogspot.com

Cymru am Byth.

bring on the orders that's what I say I always loved this time of year but it's going to be a busy one :-)
    Website
    WWW.CUTTINGCREATIONS.CO.UK

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuttin...979559?ref=sgm

Comment

Im loving that optimisim, but im thinking the same, its going to be tiring but well worth it by the time January roles in.

www.scsilver.co.uk

Cymru am Byth.

Comment

Not jewellery but I am currently colouring in snowmen, Santas, penguins in Christmas hats... you name it! I've actually just be blogging about it too.

Christmas is such a great time and hopefully successful enough to cover those quiet spells at the early part of the year too. I am hoping for a record year this year - it's the first time I have been organised enough to make Christmas stock early enough to have plenty available when things start to go a little hectic!
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Blimey, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. I am dreadfully ill-prepared this year.

Who am I kidding? I am dreadfully ill-prepared every year!

Hope everyone has fantastic, super, bumper sales this season!
          Emma
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
          www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Gosh, still fairly new to all this stuff!

How did you find out so early about christmas craft fairs. I tried to be organised by e-mailing a few of the places I know have craft fairs at christmas, but they never replied.

Have no where booked!

http://eiledon.co.uk

http://eiledonworkingfromhome.blogspot.com

Comment

Not even ready for half the craft fairs I have booked but a few solid weeks work will see that polished off - its difficult as what i have booked is a mixture of component fairs and handmade Jewellery so not really sure how many made up pieces i should do - but will "wing it!" as I usually do.

On the plus side most of the kids ( and i have 4 ) Christmas presents are bought and wrapped ! ( * Does a happy dance * )

Francesca
              * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
              Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Originally posted by Eiledon View Post
                Gosh, still fairly new to all this stuff!

How did you find out so early about christmas craft fairs. I tried to be organised by e-mailing a few of the places I know have craft fairs at christmas, but they never replied.

Have no where booked!

The events i book are booked up each January with Jewellery, most of the big events are. I got on by booking a large amount of my main organisers other events and so pushed my way in and now i plan on sticking around. Unfortunately you have to book very early for good christmas events, you may drop lucky if you have a ring around now but dont leave it any longer. Its a tough business selling jewellery.

Stu

www.scsilver.co.uk

Cymru am Byth.

Comment

I worked out that in the run up to christmas, from the 25th August to 11th December I have 11 events and also have friends at my church that will want me to bring items in again. I'm also going to be doing a few trays of items for people to look at after service which might help with the xmas income. I'm hoping to be able to write to gift shops and boutiques too in the run up, depending on what time i have as i work full time too. Wish I had more time to make new things for the fairs as I buy components and they just seem to sit there at the moment - as next weekend would of been my 4th Saturday event in a row i will be able to chil and make for a few weeks before the next batch

I have done a few christmas tree and christmas bell keyrings and mobile charms which I'm hoping will do well around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by gemmaslittletreasures View Post
                    I worked out that in the run up to christmas, from the 25th August to 11th December I have 11 events and also have friends at my church that will want me to bring items in again. I'm also going to be doing a few trays of items for people to look at after service which might help with the xmas income. I'm hoping to be able to write to gift shops and boutiques too in the run up, depending on what time i have as i work full time too. Wish I had more time to make new things for the fairs as I buy components and they just seem to sit there at the moment - as next weekend would of been my 4th Saturday event in a row i will be able to chil and make for a few weeks before the next batch

I have done a few christmas tree and christmas bell keyrings and mobile charms which I'm hoping will do well around this time.

i am similar i have a large number of events, and i am trading every day from november 28th until december 24th. We must be mad! good luck with it.

www.scsilver.co.uk

Cymru am Byth.

Comment

Wow you will definately be deserving of the christmas break being that busy. I just wish I could fit more in, am still hoping to see if i can get any last minute ones right near xmas, so fingers crossed.

Thank you and good luck with yours too - lovely items by the way

Comment

Working...
                      X