On the hunt for something else now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the hunt for something else now!

I'm wanting to make my bracelets out of stronger silver plate chain than I am currently using.

I don't seem to ever buy any that can't be broken with a strong yank. There's no point me asking an ebay seller "can this be broken if you pull it?"

When I make my watches I use really big link chain, but that's because I want them to be quite chunky.

I want to make some of my delicate stuff knowing that the chain will hold together.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I need to buy / stockists?

Cheers!
    Blog Website Flickr

I think your probably looking for something with solderd links.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

What goldy1 says
      Debbie
      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Sorry for being thick ... what do I need to search for then?

"Soldered chain" ? Will that get me somewhere?
        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I don't know but I've just had a look at your website and I might aswell give up now - your items are SO beautiful, mine are totally rubbish by comparisan
          http://www.berninacavies.piczo.com

Comment

Originally posted by naomi View Post
            I don't know but I've just had a look at your website and I might aswell give up now - your items are SO beautiful, mine are totally rubbish by comparisan
            Thanks for the compliment - but don't be so hard on yourself!!! We have different styles is all.

Having done some research into the soldered chain business, it seems it only comes as a precious metal option and is v. expensive. I think I've managed to find a few different sources so I shall be ordering some and testing it when it arrives. If anybody else has the same problem with chain breaking too easily PM me for stockists
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Id be interested in any sites of fine link sterling silver chain you find.

Have to say I did my own type of experiments with the sts chian I use, these include holding onto the end of a chain Ive decorated and swirling it round my head to see if it breaks.
              Also I have tried to pull the chain apart, cant recall it breaking under a small amount of strength but I think its only fair to say that chain/jewellery should not be treated badly(fair enough accidents happen)my work is quite delicate,fine chain and glass beads, if they are treated badly I dont feel that its my fault.
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Have you tried

www.mailorder-beads.co.uk

I buy my silver plated chain from them all the time

Comment

Working...
                X