Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No traffic to my shop :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No traffic to my shop :(

    Hi, i advertise my shop here and there. I tweet, I have a fan page. Still no trafic.
    3 persons heart my shop - that is good though.
    How long did you work on the traffic to your shop?
    Thank you.
    follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/labelhunt
    visit my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/labelhunt
    become a fan of my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Labelhunt

  • #2
    It took us about 18 months to get any real volume of sales from our site.

    Put your website link in your signature on here and everywhere else you go.

    We can then review your site, if you want us to.

    Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

    Comment


    • #3
      Jane's right, it takes quite a while to build up a website. Everything you do online helps, forums, blogs, Twitter, Facebook - whatever. It's best to get involved rather than spread yourself too thinly.

      Blogging made a massive difference to me and my blog was picked up before my website - it also drives traffic to the website when I do promotional posts.

      Don't forget to hand out cards at fairs, etc., and always keep some with you just in case.
      digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
      blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
      hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
      blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

      Comment


      • #4
        I just had a look at your Etsy shop.

        Can I be really honest with you?

        I am not sure what your shop name has to do with jewellery. Before I looked at your links I thought your shop name implied that you made personalised labels for things like clothing.

        And, as pretty as your jewellery is, most of it is quite plain with only one or two beads. I'm sure some people would go for that but personally, I don't.

        I'm sorry if anything I've said has been upsetting, I don't like or want to upset anyone but I just feel that it's best to give you totally honest feedback.

        Comment


        • #5
          Again, no upset intended, just an honest (and hopefully constructive!!) review...

          I agree with burningpassion that I don't understand your shop name, to me it sounds almost like a VistaPrint-type company selling clothing labels or label making machines, certainly not handmade jewellery.

          In regards to the jewellery itself... whilst a lot of people do go for the minimalist look, I think the jewellery you've produced is probably aimed at quite a small audience.

          Whilst minimal can be good you might find you appeal to more people if you were perhaps a little more adventurous with your designs...you can still be minimal by using single colours and uniformed beads, but perhaps you could use more of them rather than a single bead?

          There's possibly some confusion in your descriptions too. The earrings I'm looking at now are the pair you have listed as 'elegant drop earrings', the plum red beads on gold ear wires...because you've put the bead onto the earwire itself you'll probably find that when you wear them they actually sit on the ear like studs rather than drops. To most people a drop earring is one where the beads hang lower than the ear.

          Again I hope this comes across as constructive and not as criticism, hope it all goes well
          www.lucyliz.co.uk
          Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...99555560065251
          Blog: http://lucy-liz.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: @lucy_liz

          Comment


          • #6
            Have to say I also agree about the name.

            I do, however, disagree about the comments on your designs! I personally think your designs are beautiful, very simple and elegant, and I don't believe they would appeal to just a small minority. It's all down to personal choice so don't let comments put you off.

            Stick with it and as someone has suggested get your site etc advertised wherever you can. I love your designs, you should be very proud of your work!

            Comment


            • #7
              I think on Etsy, there is such a volume of goods that you have to work to become visible. People say that you need to list things frequently so that you have something at the top of the search listings as often as possible.
              Celia
              I can't be creative and tidy too
              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
              Jencel on Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                You definitely need to add UK to your tags on every item. A lot of UK buyers make a point of searching for stuff here to save time and postage.

                You may also want to join some appropriate street teams, and do some treasury promotions to help get noticed.
                george
                www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think you are doing anything wrong - I just think that selling jewellery is really really tough! There are literally thousands of sellers peddling their jewellery on Etsy and other sites too so the chances of you even being picked up in a search are very slim. Also the competition is steep - your items have to be very very special (I am not saying your aren't!)
                  I think your photos are very good, your prices perhaps a bit steep (my opinion only), and I agree with some of the other comments that your shop name doesn't do you justice (although this is probably not the reason you have not had many sales).
                  I also sell jewellery (polymer clay) and find it very hard. If it was my full time job then I would be living under a bridge in a cardboard box!
                  Stick at it - do what you can to promote and I'm sure you will get some traffic.
                  P.S. Have you thought about doing some craft fairs?
                  good luck.
                  Jayne
                  http://www.folksy.com/shops/Jaykay

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lucy's Designs View Post
                    There's possibly some confusion in your descriptions too. The earrings I'm looking at now are the pair you have listed as 'elegant drop earrings', the plum red beads on gold ear wires...because you've put the bead onto the earwire itself you'll probably find that when you wear them they actually sit on the ear like studs rather than drops. To most people a drop earring is one where the beads hang lower than the ear.
                    Sorry to disagree but unless your holes are pierced more than 10mm from the bottom of your ear, then they will drop Studs generally have posts and butterflies.

                    I don't think that there is anything wrong with your jewellery and you can't cater to suit everyone....believe me, I've been doing this long enough to know! I agree with the others regarding the name but I'm afraid I'm still in the process of getting my own site recognised so I'm not really in a position to advise you on that side of things.
                    www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think your jewellery is lovely, and its all down to personal taste. Some people make things and post them on here that everyone else raves about, while Im sat here thinking are we looking at the same thing?!? I think what other people have said is probably right, theres thousands of people selling jewellery and unless you have an awful lot of money and or time, its just going to take a long time. I dont spend a lot of time promoting my folsky shop, just because I dont have the funds or the time, and only two people have bought anything from it, and ive had that shop at least a year.. youve only had yours four or five weeks! I dont think that three people had been on my shop in that time, let alone favourited it! Your doing fab just be patient and keep on at it.
                      I like to make things - usually a mess!
                      Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
                      http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thank you for your reply, reality bites

                        Originally posted by burningpassion View Post
                        I just had a look at your Etsy shop.

                        Can I be really honest with you?

                        I am not sure what your shop name has to do with jewellery. Before I looked at your links I thought your shop name implied that you made personalised labels for things like clothing.

                        And, as pretty as your jewellery is, most of it is quite plain with only one or two beads. I'm sure some people would go for that but personally, I don't.

                        I'm sorry if anything I've said has been upsetting, I don't like or want to upset anyone but I just feel that it's best to give you totally honest feedback.

                        follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/labelhunt
                        visit my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/labelhunt
                        become a fan of my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Labelhunt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thank you

                          thank you fo reply

                          Originally posted by lauralou1601 View Post
                          I think your jewellery is lovely, and its all down to personal taste. Some people make things and post them on here that everyone else raves about, while Im sat here thinking are we looking at the same thing?!? I think what other people have said is probably right, theres thousands of people selling jewellery and unless you have an awful lot of money and or time, its just going to take a long time. I dont spend a lot of time promoting my folsky shop, just because I dont have the funds or the time, and only two people have bought anything from it, and ive had that shop at least a year.. youve only had yours four or five weeks! I dont think that three people had been on my shop in that time, let alone favourited it! Your doing fab just be patient and keep on at it.
                          follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/labelhunt
                          visit my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/labelhunt
                          become a fan of my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Labelhunt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Web site

                            After 45years in the jewellery trade, including running 6 shops, I feel that I do know the trade.

                            Your site does not do you credit.

                            Your designs are such that I would have put them into my shops, your site seems to be a little diffident. Promote yourself, be proud of what you do.

                            Your products are excellent, your designs are great!!!

                            Tim
                            Tim Broughton

                            http://bridgewaterjewelleryworkshops.co.uk/default.aspx

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In my opinion, you could do with your own site but it's takes time to get recognised and alot of time, perhaps revamp the Etsy site if you feel thats the way to go.

                              As Tim has said,theres nothing wrong with your designs and will appeal to many.

                              As for the name - It's yours be proud of it.

                              with over 20,000 hits on my 2 sites in 6 months I too know what I'm talking about.

                              Keep at it - "Upwards and Onwards"
                              I Melt Glass For a Living
                              Website

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X