Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi ya i want to try my hand at jewellery can anyone help me

hi ya
    i hope someone out there can help me get started on making my own jewellery, i love jewellery, and thought maybe i could do it, i brought some beads lovely small pink ones! but dont know what to do or where to start, i usually make cards and sell them to shops but thought i would try something i bit different, because im always up for a challenge, looking for a cheap good website to get the stuff from, but to be honest i dont really know what im looking for. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    WOO

Re: hi ya i want to try my hand at jewellery can anyone help

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

It depends if you want to try and start with the easy stuff... If so, then get some stretch magic (stretchy plastic thread) for instance, slide your beads on it and make a tight knot with a dab of superglue to secure, and off you go, you've made a bracelet!!!

beadangel has a website full of free info too.

Happy beading!
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Hi you are interested in learning jewellery making then i have the perfect solution
      I have just recentley found a website called www.creata-crafts.co.uk and what they do is they want people to demonstrate their products to people and they also teach people. Why don't you try these and let me know how you got on!!!
      Thanks
      [/b]

Comment

MAKE JEWELLERY - HAVE FUN & MAKE MONEY

Hiya,

I have only been making jewellery for a few months. I joined jewelbox international (www.jewelboxinternational.com) and got free training when I became a consultant. I am not obliged to buy from them but the initial start up cost is £125. I have recently just done some advanced training as well on tiaras, head combs and fascinators. If you want more info please email me at jewelboxscotland@aol.com

Have fun making jewellery
        Thanx
        Karen

Comment

Hello woo, it really depends on what type of jewellery you are interested in making. As bea said, you can start of by making a easy bracelets using the stretch cord. It is very easy, and believe it, they are the style I started. When you are getting confident with it, maybe you can go on with other style. There are plenty of tutorial site in the net, maybe search out for inspiration, and look out for the style you like. If there are no tutorial available for the style you like, ask again here. Maybe the experience beader can guide you in making that particular design. Hope I helps a bit.
          Janet @ BeadPassion
          http://beadpassion.official.ws/
          Swarovski beads and beads!

Comment

Hi !

Hi There

I have only been beading for a month max..

I am addicted ! I have been buying supplies off of ebay as i didnt know what the best web site was. I started out using Stretch magic for basic bracelets and necklaces. I have now- through practice- started to get more creative with my designs. I now use allot of sterling silver combined with pretty beads - the look is stunning.

You will learn allot through forums like this - the people are always ready to lend a hand and give advice.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i am.. let me know how you go!

:lol:
            \"I Am going to need Beaders Anonomous soon...I am hooked !!!!\"

Comment

Re: Hi !

Originally posted by plums77
              Hi There

I have only been beading for a month max..

I am addicted ! I have been buying supplies off of ebay as i didnt know what the best web site was. I started out using Stretch magic for basic bracelets and necklaces. I have now- through practice- started to get more creative with my designs. I now use allot of sterling silver combined with pretty beads - the look is stunning.

You will learn allot through forums like this - the people are always ready to lend a hand and give advice.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i am.. let me know how you go!

:lol:
              Good to hear that you use sterling even you have only beading for a month! :wink:
              Janet @ BeadPassion

Comment

I love using sterling, dont you think the effect is stunning? I am not a big fan of gold really.

Just went home at lunch and i have new supplies !!!! cant wait to get home !!!

Comment

I love using sterling, dont you think the effect is stunning? I am not a big fan of gold really.

Just went home at lunch and i have new supplies !!!! cant wait to get home !!!
                  no idea, havent start with sterling just yet. I am afraid!
                  Janet @ BeadPassion

Comment

I was afraid too, but once you have perfected a basic pattern then go for it - i was pleasently suprised !

Comment

I was afraid too, but once you have perfected a basic pattern then go for it - i was pleasently suprised !
                      oneday perhaps.. will try on it hehe
                      Janet @ BeadPassion

Comment

New Making Jewellery DVD

Hi I am new to this forum stuff, but have been making jewellery for 8 years now and have sold through craft fairs, shops etc. I recently decided to sell beads because I found it so difficult to get the bead mixes I wanted.

I also made a DVD show some basic techniques because I had to teach myself and found it difficult to follow diagrams.

Anyone new to the jewellery making process or needing bead colour mixes might like to visit my site. I will always help if I can.
                        Allison
                        www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
                        www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

Working...
                        X