Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigs

Hello

I am thinking of buying a thingamyjig (sp) or a wig jig.

Can I have your opinions on which ones you use if any please.

Thanks in advance

Julz

That's a new one on me - can't help I'm afraid. The only thingymajig I knew was a show that was on at Hogmanay (Jules remember waggle your wallies!!!!).

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hi.

I have a metel thing a ma jig. Haven't used it as much as I planned, never seem to have enough time, but I've had some quite good results. I also bought the little plastic version to start with and it was pants - so don't get one of those .

There are a lot of designs on the wig jig web site that are suitable for use on a thing a ma jig.

Hope this helps
      Carol
      Sparklez.co.uk
      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

I've looked at the wigjigs and wondered if they were worth buying, I did try and make one but couldn't get the wire off without bending the piece.

They do seem a lot of money

Comment

Thanks guys

I think I will be splashing out for one of these. They are pricey but some of the results are just gorgeous.

Julz

Comment

I have the deluxe version and i never use it. I thought i'd get loads of use out of it as i love using wire on my cards.
            Emma
            Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

Thats a shame Emma

Is it the one where the peg holes are in a circular pattern?

Julz

Comment

No (i don't think so anyway). It's a rectangular board with different size pegs you can out in the holes.

Just dug it out (from the deepest darkest depths of my craft draw), it's a Darice deluxe Thing-a-ma jig, product code 1100-93.
                Emma
                Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                Sassy Crafts Blog
                My Blog

Comment

A wig a ma hoosy?!!!!!! What's that when it's at home?
                  Beyond Beads
                  Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
                  www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

A wig a ma hoosy!

Its a nifty little board where you can wrap wire around pegs and make different shapes.

Emma maybe now you have got it from the depths it might give you some inspiration

Julz

Comment

Surely one of these jigs is not difficult to make - I could make one in wood or plastic with metal pins pretty quickly, I would think........ especially if it's a smaller one. Wigjig even had templates in pdf format to print that one could use as a guide to drilling holes. Stck the template on a nice piece of wood and use a pillar drill to drill holes straight through to a set depth at a diameter to match some nails.

Bob's your uncle.......

Comment

I suppose you could make one if your handy that way.

My lovely other half has offered to buy me one so I think I will take his arm off for it

Julz

Comment

I bought a deluxe jig....haven't used it as much as I thought I would but it has come in very handy at times when I have. I make flowergirl fairy wands and it was an absolute godsend when I made a butterfly shaped one as I'd tried for days on end trying to bend the butterfly shape by hand.

You can make some really lovely wire links for jewellery making with them. Once I'm not so busy I'm going to experiment a bit more with the jig. I also bought a book with patterns in it which seems quite good, it's from www.mailorder-beads.co.uk/. The one I bought is "Wonderful Wearable Wire".
                          www.fitforaprincess.co.im

Comment

Working...
                          X