Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on displaying jewellery please

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on display stands that i can get for displaying keyrings and mobile phone charms. I currently use mug trees, but the mobile charms kind of all bunch in to one, and i don't think they will be suitable for the ongoing duration. I've seen lots of stands for earrings, but am stumped at these. Also necklace pendants (not on a chain) are a bit tricky. I'm going to be doing a lot of fayres next year and hoping to start jewellery paries once my business is up and running more, so any help and advice would be appreciated on displays.

Thanks
    Gemma

Gemma

I always struggle with displays and have tried lots of things. Notice boards covered in fabric you can pin things to.

Some of the Christmas distplay stands in Ikea are good and cheap, laying things on a mirror can look great.

I'm not the best to advise you but experiment, I do each time I do a show!
    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

I use mug trees to display my bracelets - bamboo ones, £5 each from Tesco, and the 'branches' are horizontal, so no sliding down and bunching. I got them about a month ago, so they should still be available.
      Dagna
      The living embodiment of the phrase 'not a morning person'
      Examples of my jewellery and photography are on my home page: http://www.seshat.com
      Folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/Dagna

Comment

Speaking as a man, I find stands where the jewellery is displayed on rustic twigs and bits of bark attractive. The contrast really works for me. Don't know if it is so for the predominantly female buyers though.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

I don't know if it is a male thing - I am female and really like the whole rustic twig display things too.

I think just lots of variation in height will always attract me - and unusual displays. I find tables using nothing but proper jewellers displays quite a turn-off actually if I am walking through a craft fair.
          Emma
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
          www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I have used notice board covered in fabric before for this type of thing, but I also like the idea of the rustic branches.
            Allison
            www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
            www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your replies, i will definately look in tescos for the mug trees, and keep using my cd racks for earrings, going for the quirky look.

Comment

Working...
              X