Selling all of my Jewellery making items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling all of my Jewellery making items

I have decided that it is time to sell / get rid of all my jewellery making items. So, after 10 years I have rather a lot including strands of semi precious stones, glass beads, tools including an untounched set from America that cost a small fortune, magazines, storage boxes, findings, threads, ribbons, pendants, charms etc.

If anybody is interested in buying any items, please PM me.

Just thought, have got about 50 ish bracelets & necklaces ready made that could be used straightaway for fairs, shopping events, etc.

Regards

Will PM you
    Cheers,

Chris

http://www.blossom-crafts.co.uk
    http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/blossom-crafts
    http://www.blossomcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

I will also PM you. Such a shame you are stopping.
      Rosemary
      www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk
      www.flickr.com/photos/glitzandglamourjewellery
      http://www.facebook.com/glitz.and.glamour.jewellery
      http://www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk/blog.html

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you are selling your stuff - is it totally unavoidable? Can you not just put it all away and have a break for a bit?

Lots of us get burnt out and hit a wall every now and then and I have seen more than one person sell all their stuff only to regret it later.

If it is the only way forward and you know it is the right decision, then I am really sorry to hear it but I am sure it will simply be making way for better things in your life and is meant to be.
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I agree with Emma, do you absolutely have to sell? Or, do you have to sell at this stage? Is it possible just to set things aside for a while and review the situation later....? (Or maybe you've already done that.....?)

Warm wishes to you,

Eliz
          Elizabeth

www.elizabethcampbell.org.uk

Comment

Selling up, moving on

Hello all

Thanks for the replies, will reply to pm's later.

I've had a break before when I lost inspiration but now just seems right to stop completely. I agree I may regret it later & I don't doubt that I will but I think it's something that has been building for a while & I think my decision was made on Wednesday night after a Ladies shopping event where I didn't sell a single item. Did I mention the 8 other tables with jewellery or jewellery related items?!!!!!

There are so many jewellery makers out there that I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a niche. I'm not the best jewellery maker & I'm still interested in it but the sense of relief I had when I decided to sell, was great.

Right, what craft can I do next?!

Regards

Comment

Hi,

If you are going to start another craft then please take time to decide first before selling as so many items can be used or adapted for other crafts.
              Cheers,

Chris

http://www.blossom-crafts.co.uk
              http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/blossom-crafts
              http://www.blossomcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

Jewellery Stuff

Hello all

I'm still in the midst of doing the list that a few folk have requested. I may have under estimated how long it would take though . . . . . !

Please bear with me, it will be done asap.

Regards

Comment

Have also pm'd you, Selina

Comment

Originally posted by Kellyw274 View Post
                    Right, what craft can I do next?!
                    Where in the midlands are you? You could always try Scrapbooking, Cardmaking and papercrafts! Drop me a line by PM and i will see if i can point you in the right direction if you want to give it a go!
                    Jo

Independent Stampin' Up! Demo in Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Visit my Blog, & My Gallery (on this site)

Comment

Well I am sad to hear about your decision, but I do totally understand.

It is a very competitive field if you want to sell your work. Some people thrive on the challenge, others just find it drains the fun out of the whole thing.

I have several customers who sell their work very sucessfully and have, as you say, found their niche. I have others who only make jewellery for themselves or friends / family etc. One lady tells me that since she stopped worrying about selling her jewellery and only makes for the pleasure of it, as her hobby, she has never been happier. Because she isn't in a rush to make loads of stock and just takes her time on key pieces, spends a little more on nicer quality materials etc.

As for what other crafts you can try .. well there are oodles of them!

What is your goal though - is it to have something to sell and turn into a business? Or something to just be a hobby? Or somewhere between the two?

Emma
                      Emma
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                      www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

PM'd you

Comment

Jewellery Stuff

Dear all,

Apologies for the delay, I am still doing the list but trying to do lots of other stuff at the same time. Have got a few email addresses already & will email asap.

Regards

Comment

Jewellery stuff

Hello

Have compiled a list of about 320 items but please note that this is not everything, it does not include any of the tools that I have or the
                            findings as just haven't had time to sort everything yet. I haven't taken any pictures yet either, if you do want photos of particular things let me know.

I'm going to email the list now to those that provided email addresses, if anybody else wants an email, please pm your email address.

Sorry for the wait but been really busy as I guess most people are at this time of year.

Regards

Comment

So sorry to hear that you're giving up.

One bit of advice I'd give you is to hold onto your tools - if you ever do decide to make jewellery again, you can easily get hold of beads at relatively small cost but if you needed to invest in pliers and snips and such then it could prove to be expensive. And you never know - there may be a time when you're looking for the perfect accessories for a special outfit and its so satisfying to make your own which you'll be able to do if you've still got your tools.
                              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                              X