Anyone here do fingerprint jewellery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here do fingerprint jewellery?

I have someone wanting to order some and thought someone on the forum might like to quote? I'd also be interested in learning to do this- can anyone recommend a company/ course?

If no one on the forum does I can put you in touch with someone. I presume you mean set into silver.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Yes, she never stated gold so I assume she meant silver- it'd be great if you could put me in touch with someone! Thanks. x

Comment

I know someone who I think does it with silver clay, if that is any use? I think she may do lessons too, if you are near to Cheshire?
        www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Hi, yes I'm actually in Merseyside on the Wirral so that would be excellent and definitely something I'd be interested in!!!

Comment

If you don't get sorted locally let me know and I will get her details. She lives in Daventry, Northants.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi Nickie
              I am a member of a business forum and there is a lady on it that does fingerprint jewellery if you are still looking for someone.
              Here is her website address
              http://www.littlepinkies.co.uk/

Diana
              Something Shiny Something Sparkly
              Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
              My blog
              Facebook

Comment

Hi Nickie, Im in WIrral too, just saying hello!

There is someone in Cheshire called fired silver, I know she does silver clay, not sure about the fingerprint classes but you could ask.

I have tried it myself on silverclay and cant seem to get the impressions right, unless ive just got rubbish fingerprints
                www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
                  Hi Nickie, Im in WIrral too, just saying hello!

There is someone in Cheshire called fired silver, I know she does silver clay, not sure about the fingerprint classes but you could ask.

I have tried it myself on silverclay and cant seem to get the impressions right, unless ive just got rubbish fingerprints
                  Oh wonderful, I'm not alone marooned on this tiny pensinsula lol! Where abouts on the Wirral are you? I've just had a nosey around your website and can't find your real name but thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello, I'm chuffed to bits there's someone else from here on the forum!

Crikey, I've looked into into this a little bit more since my post yesterday morning, there's all kinds of ways of doing it apparently...silicone, photopolymer paper, wipes, wax, moulding putty...I'm dizzy with it all lol!

I'm defo going to have a look for that company you recommended- all I can do is ask and they can only say no. I randomly sent an email to someone whose site I found yesterday and she was absolutely lovely but couldn't help me until after Christmas as being the time of year, she's really busy! I guess it's the wrong time to ask people- the story of my life lol!
                  Last edited by nickie1105; 30-10-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

hello! thanks for the recommendations jo and gbell.

Nickie, I'm in Cheshire (Nether Alderley), so not too far from you at all, I have a couple of ladies who regularly make the trip from Merseyside and its about 45 mins.

I teach pmc classes generally but don't have and day classes for fingerprint jewellery - I only do those on a one-to-one basis. Unlike a lot of other teachers, I don't believe that a one day group class is sufficient enough to then send you out to your new business!!

So it's a one day class, but pretty intensive! If you want more info you can email me on [email protected]

I also run www.tinycharms.co.uk which is my fingerprinting business. I am desperately trying to get the website up and running so not everything is there currently. If you need some imprints doing for a customer I'd definitely be able to help with that.

HTH, give me a shout if you need any more info.

Becci
                    xx
                    PMC Certification Modules in Cheshire - www.firedsilver.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nickie, im in Bebington but my shop is in Liverpool, Name is Gail! There is Glamglass who is in Birkenhead on here too.
                      www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by Fired Silver View Post
                        hello! thanks for the recommendations jo and gbell.

Nickie, I'm in Cheshire (Nether Alderley), so not too far from you at all, I have a couple of ladies who regularly make the trip from Merseyside and its about 45 mins.

I teach pmc classes generally but don't have and day classes for fingerprint jewellery - I only do those on a one-to-one basis. Unlike a lot of other teachers, I don't believe that a one day group class is sufficient enough to then send you out to your new business!!

So it's a one day class, but pretty intensive! If you want more info you can email me on

I also run which is my fingerprinting business. I am desperately trying to get the website up and running so not everything is there currently. If you need some imprints doing for a customer I'd definitely be able to help with that.

HTH, give me a shout if you need any more info.

Becci
                        xx
                        Hi Becci, for some reason I missed your post but found you via the web before I read this! It sounds absolutely fantastic...I'll be speaking to my fella as soon as he gets in, the poor fella's going to get it fired at him as soon as he walks through the door this evening lol! I'm feeling sorry for him already...well maybe not lol!

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
                          Hi Nickie, im in Bebington but my shop is in Liverpool, Name is Gail! There is Glamglass who is in Birkenhead on here too.
                          Very pleased to meet you Gail...I live in Moreton (for my sins)! I'm now in the process of hopefully sorting out something with Becci and the ball is finally rolling YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm going a bit mad with excitement here lol...I'm chuffed to bits that I've actually found somebody relatively local and it's all thanks to you guys! I'd love to have a look around your shop Gail- where abouts in Liverpool is it? I'll drop in next time I'm over there and if you're not too busy then maybe we could have a coffee together and talk shop lol! I've been in the graphic design industry for a few years now and I'm still running my own business- I design flyers, business cards, brochures and other promotional material but I'm now up for a new challenge. I'll also do a search for Glamglass and introduce myself- it's good to know there's like minded people close to home and thanks again for your help Gail (and others), I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                          X