Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darker gold / antique gold wire that's not too yellow gold!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darker gold / antique gold wire that's not too yellow gold!!

I'm trying to source gold wire that isn't your average yellow/orangey gold - I need some darker gold / antique gold wire to make a tiara as I have a bride with antique gold jewellery!! So I will also need the wire in a thicker guage of 1.2mm and 0.4mm to wire wrap.

It's proving to be a nightmare trying to find anything suitable. I wonder if brass wire would be the way forward?? :S

Really hope someone can help me (and I will try and give anyone some help/advice where I can).

Thanks
    Louise
    www.weddingtiarasandjewellery.co.uk

I think that brass wire would work well. Have a look at the stuff that is used for hanging pictures. Vintaj do brass wire too.
    http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

Brass might well work for you - it is a nice gold colour so will probably match her jewellery quite well. We have brass wire in 0.4mm / 0.6mm / 0.8mm and 1mm (unfortunately not 1.2mm but perhaps the 1mm will still be suitable) Otherwise we do also have a gold plated wire...

You can use liver of sulpher on silver or copper to achieve a darker patina (either dip your item in or you can paint it on) - which can be good for creating a vintage type look, although i am not sure if you can use it on brass... will try and find out... (We also have copper wire - but that probably won't be the right colour match for your clients other gold jewellery.)

Good luck finding the right thing!

Hannah
      WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
      Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

Working...
      X