Silverplated maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverplated maintenance

How can you maintain silver plated findings on jewellery. I am having issues keeping some of the fishhooks looking as good as first purchased. I want the findings to stay shinning after it has been made into a product. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow is ANOTHER day, dont waste it!!!
    www.theweddingaccessories.com
    www.snazzy-parties.com
    www.theweddingaccessories.blogspot.com
    www.snazzychats.blogspot.com

silver plated maintenance

Hi Laflicks
    silver plate needs the same attention as sterling so my advice is keep it in air tight boxes when possible, place a stick or three of chalk and some silica gel bags (from shoe boxes or new handbags usually) in with the silver, both help keep moisture at bay. Otherwise I gently wipe my silver plate with a silver cloth, too much polishing will of course wear the silver plate off eventuall, it all depends how thick the plate is....this is usually refelcted in the price you paid. low cost usually means thin plate!
    Jan M

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Miller View Post
      Hi Laflicks
      silver plate needs the same attention as sterling so my advice is keep it in air tight boxes when possible, place a stick or three of chalk and some silica gel bags (from shoe boxes or new handbags usually) in with the silver, both help keep moisture at bay. Otherwise I gently wipe my silver plate with a silver cloth, too much polishing will of course wear the silver plate off eventuall, it all depends how thick the plate is....this is usually refelcted in the price you paid. low cost usually means thin plate!
      Jan M
      That's such a great idea about the silica gel bags! Now I actually have a valid excuse for buying more shoes and handbags! Yippee

Jen x
      Success is getting what you want, Happiness is wanting what you get.

Comment

Thanks for your advise Jan. Is it possible to buy this silica gels in the shops?

Tomorrow is ANOTHER day, dont waste it!!!
        www.theweddingaccessories.com
        www.snazzy-parties.com
        www.theweddingaccessories.blogspot.com
        www.snazzychats.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X