yeyyy, and eeek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeyyy, and eeek

Does anyone else get a rollercoaster feeling?

I've booked lots of shows up to christmas, and so far got 5 jewellery parties booked...........then i've managed to through a friend of a friend get an invitation to exhibit at this really lovely gallery down on the Thames in Oxfordshire!

So that's all really exciting - however I'm getting little waves of worry.......how am I going to get enough stuff made - what if noone buys it and I make too much, what if , what if

(I do have moments of 'what if it goes really well and we can buy our holiday home earlier than we thought we would be able to' - but they're a little far apart!

I've only been doing this since November, so it feels a little fast, and with a full time job I feel like I'm running down hill in high heels!

(but I should just be really pleased and plan out my making time, shouldn't I - and stop moaning and think myself lucky)

rant over.

C

www.flickr.com/photos/vivalabeader
    Last edited by Vivalabeader; 03-08-2009, 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot flickr
    thanks

Cath

[email protected]

party, party, party, book a party before christmas, £25 of free jewellery if you get 10 guests..................and a lovely night!

(feel free to do the rep points thingy!!)

www.vivalabeader.com

view gallery @ ww.flickr.com/photos/vivalabeader
    [email protected] www.facebook.com/vivalabeader
    [email protected] www.folksy.com/shops/vivalabeader

I don't think you are alone at all.
    I'm busy trying to sell enough to pay for all the christmas markets I've booked! and finance buying enough wool to make all the stock for said markets.
    It's a headache at times.
    But one good craft fair makes it all worthwhile
    Happy Crafting!
    Claire

Facebook
    Etsy shop
    Folksy shop
    My blog

Comment

Rollercoaster Ride

Absolutely! But at least with a big dipper you can see the dips coming. I often wish I had a crystal ball but it seems impossible to make any predictions. Sorry - there is one thing I can predict with incredible accuracy and that is the weather - we shall most certainly have rain whenever I'm doing a craft fair!

I'm fairly new to all this myself and often have confidence crises. I've no idea where it will go but enjoy it so much feel it's worth my best shot.

Your jewellery looks beautiful so I'm sure things will work out well so just try an enjoy the ride!

Ruth
      www.rubijouxjewellery.co.uk
      www.beads2u.biz

Comment

Thanks

Thank You!
        thanks

Cath

[email protected]

party, party, party, book a party before christmas, £25 of free jewellery if you get 10 guests..................and a lovely night!

www.vivalabeader.com

Comment

You should be really proud of yourself. You are clearly making a huge effort and gaining momentum. Many people don't. So don't worry, just be glad that you are one of those people who does things, rather one who sits at home and expects customers to come to you with no effort what so ever!
          Allison
          www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
          www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

aah

that's really kind, and a lovely way to look at it!

I guess I am being 'relentless!' - poor woman who asked me for career advice yesterday got 'host a party and i'll give you free mentoring sessions'

Off to persuade the dustman to have a party now....
            thanks

Cath

[email protected]

www.vivalabeader.com

Comment

Relentless is the best way to be (in a nice way of course) once you lose momentum it can be really hard to get it back, i've seen a few small businesses 'slack off' for a few months and then struggle to get back up to full speed.

Claire
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

I've just had a brilliant thought about the "what if I sell everything and don't have anything for the next fair".

If you've sold everything you'll be rich and you won't care about the next fair

AnnieAnna
                Ha ha ha. Manic laughter as I run downhill in my heels all the way to the bank........in my dreams..........

Comment

and she's up again

Yeyyy - just got a message from claire (ladyluck) and I'm in on the contemporary shopping experience

good day!
                  thanks

Cath

[email protected]

www.vivalabeader.com

Comment

Working...
                  X