help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

I'm new to beaded jewellry, and I want to see and feel the beads that I buy,certainly until I know a bit more about what I'm doing, so can anyone recommend a good sized ,knowledgable shop that i can physically visit in the NW of England/N Wales area- manchester, liverpool, up as far as blackpool and down as far as shrewsbury, get advice from staff there on the right type of wire , threads, findings etc.
    Please help, I'm struggling

Cindy x
    Cindy

I'm not fully computer literate, but I can spell IT!!!!!!!!

Don't know about advice but I know hobbycraft have a large selection of beads.

Sam x
    Please take a look at my site and give opinions
    http://pinklaces.misi.co.uk/

Comment

There is a bead shop in Afflecks Palace in Manchester. They have a huge selection and the assistant was quite helpful when I asked her advice. I don't think they were quite the best value beads I have seen but if you want to have a look and feel I think its a good place to start.

Lou Lou's Luxuries on Folksy

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Comment

Hi, I don't know of a shop you could actually go to, but if you get stuck, just give us a call, we are more than happy to offer some friendly advice about anything jewellery making...

Hannah
        Last edited by Kernowcraft; 15-07-2009, 09:06 AM. Reason: can't spell this early in the morning!!
        WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
        Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

'The Bead Shop' in Afflecks palace is good, as has already been said, not the best priced beads you can get but as long as the shop isn't too busy the lady who runs it is more than happy to offer advice, she also runs workshops and the like.

In all honesty as far as I have found that is it in the Manchester area for beads. It is a fairly small shop too but a fairly large selection of beads etc...

jan x
          www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

This lady crafts as well as sells and will answer any questions you have while selling you everything you need to amke it.

http://blogs.ebay.co.uk/fuzzball75/e...QQidZ772322016
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
            X