Beadalon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadalon question

My question is basically what are the different types of beadalon wire used for? I have been using 7 strand beadalon since finding most other wires are a bit pants basically. I have threaded everything from seed beads to gemstones on this but now realised there are types with more strands?!?! I made a necklace and bracelet with large rose quartz beads last night but doubled up the wire, is this the best way or should I be buying the one with more strands?
    Please take a look at my site and give opinions
    http://pinklaces.misi.co.uk/

The different types of wire allow for different degrees of flexibility, drape, resistance to kinking etc.

So, taking the example of Flex-Rite (since that is the one I sell and know) - you can get it in 7 strand, 19 strand, 21 strand and 49 strand.

The 49 strand is considered the professional version, the 7 strand a sort of economy version and obviously the others sit somewhere in between. I only sell the 49 strand version since that is what my customers have asked for.

So the choice of how many strands is really down to how much you want to spend and how soft and slinky you want the finished peice to be.

This is not the same as the breaking weight of each individual wire. Each of the different types of wires come in a variety of diameters and in each case the thicker the wire, the heavier the beads it can support.
    Emma
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
    www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
    www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I use the 49 strand for my necklaces and bracelets.
      I tried the 19 strand but it doesnt drape as beautifully as the 49st. you wouldnt think it was wire
      Pinkdawn

www.pinkdawn.etsy.com

www.pinkdawnjewelry.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/pinkdawnjewelry

www.flickr.com/pinkdawnjewelry

Comment

Originally posted by ejralph View Post
        The different types of wire allow for different degrees of flexibility, drape, resistance to kinking etc.

So, taking the example of Flex-Rite (since that is the one I sell and know) - you can get it in 7 strand, 19 strand, 21 strand and 49 strand.

The 49 strand is considered the professional version, the 7 strand a sort of economy version and obviously the others sit somewhere in between. I only sell the 49 strand version since that is what my customers have asked for.

So the choice of how many strands is really down to how much you want to spend and how soft and slinky you want the finished peice to be.

This is not the same as the breaking weight of each individual wire. Each of the different types of wires come in a variety of diameters and in each case the thicker the wire, the heavier the beads it can support.
        I think this post pretty much says it all. A really good post by ejr beads
        Allison
        www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
        www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

Working...
        X