• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger77
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2005

Starting to make jewellery

Hi all!

I'm interested in starting to make my own jewellery, as I love crafts, and this appeals. Has anyone got any advice on where to start - good books, websites, suppliers?

Thanks!

Ginger
  • craftlink
    Moderate crafter
    • Oct 2004

Dear Ginger,
    Welcome to the forum. If you are just starting out, may I suggest our book entitled The Art of Selling Your Craft. Suitable for any craft, it will guide you through the principles of running a successful craft business, with handy hints and tips on how to get the most from the industry.

Available to purchase directly at £3.95 a copy plus postage from www.craftlink.co.uk.

All the very best for your new venture.
    Craft-Link UK
    The Art of Selling Your Craft - The essential read for craft workers!
    Help, guidance and advice on how to make the most selling craft for profit - and getting it right!

Craft-Link UK - www.craftlink.co.uk
    Encouraging Creativity

Comment

• Leah
      Junior crafter
      • May 2005

A great supplier website is http://www.eebeads.com I buy my beads and other materials as well as tools and findings off of that website almost religously

Comment

• Bea
        Super crafter
        • Nov 2004

Re: Starting to make jewellery

Hi Ginger

Your profile doesn't say if you're in the UK or not. Buying from outside the UK can incur tax over a certain amount. Doesn't happen every time but bear it mind!

Bead fairs in the UK are great as you can see what you are buying. I don't think there are many bead shops in the country. I am aware of 3 in my region and they are quite apart from one another, so I only visited one so far. The others are online / mail order suppliers.

Good luck

Bea
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

• GJHBEADS
          Junior crafter
          • Mar 2007

Why not take a look at our selection of semi precious gemstones, we have over 1000 different strings in stock. MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ URL RULES
          Last edited by Peter; 16-03-2007, 08:15 PM. Reason: spam

Comment

Working...
          X