Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know how many jump rings in a troy oz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know how many jump rings in a troy oz?

Just trying to order some jump rings off maille queen. I am looking to get 1.6mm thickness copper ones in size 4.75mm but how do I know how many troy oz to buy cause it starts at 1/2 a troy oz??
    Please take a look at my site and give opinions
    http://pinklaces.misi.co.uk/

No idea, I'm afraid. I used to use a supplier who sold by the troy ounce. I think I once enquired what it was, but in the end it was easier to buy from somewhere that sold in familiar quantities. I'm sure someone will tell you soon, or you could google it.

I've just googled it, and its just over 31g, so a little more than an ordinary ounce. But that doesn't tell you how many rings you'll get. Maybe you could email the company. I've seen them recommended for chainmaille supplies, so I'm sure they'll be helpful.
    Celia
    I can't be creative and tidy too
    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

You should get around 80 rings per troy oz in that size. Rings are traditionally sold by the troy oz, but can also be found in quantities from some suppliers.

btw, the dragonfly company are cheaper for the rings you're looking for! www.thedragonflycompany.com
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks hun, won't let me give you any more rep though lol. By the way have looked on your website and your stuff is lovely.

x
        Please take a look at my site and give opinions
        http://pinklaces.misi.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
          X