Bails for fused glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bails for fused glass

I really love fused glass and have been looking at some to make pendants and earrings. Having not made any jewellery before (I just love fused glass so thought I'd have a go), I have been looking at some that are already made and trying to find the bails used via ebay and a few other sites, but can't find exactly what I need. Can anyone suggest any websites and exactly what type of bails I will need. Also, would snake chain be best for a pendant or something else?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Do you have a picture of what your looking for to give me a better idea.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

hiya, i'm a fused glass artist and make and sell fused glass pendants. have a look: http://www.handmadeheaven.biz/page43.htm with more in the range not yet photographed. i sell them with or without a suede thong.

if you'd like me to design something for you specifically let me know. if you'd like to put your own bails on then i can just make some cabs. looking forward to hearing from you,

Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
      Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

This is the type of bail I am looking for for the pendent.

And this for the earrings.

I would like to buy the materials (glass stone, bails etc) and put them together myself. I would love to make my own fused glass but have hearf the ovens are expensive, so think I will start of with this. Thanks for your website link - will have a look this eveining
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

not a problem. i have a kiln so give me a holler if you'd like me to make something for you
          Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
          Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Hi ..a newby to Fused Glass ..but totally hooked

Hi ...I joined yesterday ...I have just started doing fused glass ..having done a great 5 day course at the Liquid glass Centre in wiltshire ...spent first months sourcing material ..Bails and other pendantt/earring I buy in John Lewis Store Bluewater shopping centre near Dartford ... I live near Creative Glass in Rochester Kent ..so they provide the rest ..plus loads of helpful info ...Got a Kiln from Kiln Care ...£960 ....I have researched quite a few helpful sites ..if you want the URLs ..please just say ... Success so far ...3 small pendants ..failures ..loads ..learning curve = vertical ,enjoyment ..= best thing I have done in years ,,Great fun ...Sorry to go on ..but just thought I would start the forum as I mean to go on ..No ..not waffle ..just learn and if possible help others ...
            take care all ..
            Peter ..

Comment

Yes, any websites would be appreciated, especially for silver plated bails (earring and pendents) Thanks!
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi ,
                I make fused glass jewellery and we tend to use warm-glass.com for both our glass supplies and also our bails. It`s worth using a REALLY strong glue like the 3M scotch weld that they sell as the pendants tend to be heavy and you need a glue that you can rely on especially if you`d like to sell. I get alot of my findings from either thesilvercorporation.co.uk or internationalcraft.com, they are very good.
                Warm-glass also sell glass bails which you can tack fuse onto your pendants ...good luck with it all, i`m sure you`ll love it !

jennifer

jennifer
                www.koboshiglass.co.uk

"glass art is like looking into the window of your soul"

Comment

Hi- the best site for glass bails etc would have to be warm-glass.co.uk- they'll have the earring bails you have pictured as well a few others... I get mine mainly from there.....another trich though would be to fuse a piece of wire directly into the layers of glass. I find it's not as clean a look but I actually prefer that more boho look...it that's the right word.

Phil
                  Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                  Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Glass Fusing Supplies

I use Creative Glass Guild in Bristol for my glass fusing supplies creativeglassguild.co.uk they have a great range from bullseye and spectrum, plus loads of jewellery making stuff and courses. Theyre really friendly too!

Gail

Comment

As already mentioned warmglass.co.uk is a good place to get supplies, I have always had helpful and efficient service from them. They have student packs of some glass which is great to experiment with.
                      They do silver plated bails for both pendants and earrings too.

Aanraku is the make of bails which you can also get from US and /or ebay.
                      I buy Sterling Silver bails and findings from Palmer Metals - again efficient service.

I use E6000 glue with good results.

HTH x
                      Terry xxx
                      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I also sell sterling silver tube top bails in three sizes, like these:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=41301417

As a little bonus, I personalise them on the back with up to three initials for you or your business.
                        george
                        www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                        www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                        www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
                        X