First comment on my jewellery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First comment on my jewellery!

I went into an Azendi jewellery store yesterday - one of the women came over to say "we have a 20% dicount today, I just thought I'd let you know as I can tell you like quailty jewellery", then she leaned over (not in a rude way), and touched my pendant to indicate that's what she was talking about.

I thanked her and told her that I'd made it myself, she was rather surprised! Got into a conversation with her about me just about to launch my stuff and left the url to my site with her.

I'm still really chuffed, it's the first time ANYONE outside of friends and family have commented on my pieces.

Am just very surprised and chuffed that somebody noticed.

E x
    www.silverflock.com - Handmade fine silver jewellery
    www.emmajacob.com - Illustration

awww thats brilliant,I love azendi too

I was in a restaurant last week and the manager came over and said i really like your necklace and i just said, thanks, and husband said after she'd gone why didnt you tell her you made it!!, doh, next time i will!
    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Ha, I nearly didn't tell the lady myself, but my other half was with me and he would have given me a massive lecture if I hadn't! lol. He's very pro-active about this stuff and totally into networking. I wish I had half his confidence.

Comment

Nice to hear!
        I think its important for handmade jewellery to also look professional, because then you can tell it's quality checkd and youve thought about it, so when people are surpised it's hand made thats a compliment!

I always coordinate my jewellery with my outfits soi love getting compliments on the jewellery or 'is that one of yours', it costs nothing to be appreciative and feels so worthwhile when youre on the receiving end! I have just gone up to friends and said 'look what i made'
        http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
        http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

Comment

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
          Nice to hear!
          I think its important for handmade jewellery to also look professional, because then you can tell it's quality checkd and youve thought about it, so when people are surpised it's hand made thats a compliment!
          It was a real compliment for me coming from someone that works with high quality jewellery everyday. I told the woman she has the best job in the world - I'd love to be surrounded by jewellery all day long.

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
          I always coordinate my jewellery with my outfits soi love getting compliments on the jewellery or 'is that one of yours', it costs nothing to be appreciative and feels so worthwhile when youre on the receiving end! I have just gone up to friends and said 'look what i made'
          I usually coordinate my clothing too, but I must confess I was in super casual clothing yesterday (and wearing my busiest looking t-shirt to boot), so was surprised that she even saw the pendant. lol

Comment

That's great news... must be such a boost to your confidence when a complete stranger stops you to comment on something that you've made!! Well done

Comment

That's great!
              "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
              Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
              http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's brilliant, I love that store too. Congratulations!
                Dee x
                Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Originally posted by emmajacob View Post
                  I went into an Azendi jewellery store yesterday - one of the women came over to say "we have a 20% dicount today, I just thought I'd let you know as I can tell you like quailty jewellery", then she leaned over (not in a rude way), and touched my pendant to indicate that's what she was talking about.

I thanked her and told her that I'd made it myself, she was rather surprised! Got into a conversation with her about me just about to launch my stuff and left the url to my site with her.

I'm still really chuffed, it's the first time ANYONE outside of friends and family have commented on my pieces.

Am just very surprised and chuffed that somebody noticed.

E x
                  And someone in the business too so thats a double accolade. Good for you.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

See - you are good!! Very good! Well done.

Linda

Comment

Thank you everyone!

I'm hoping to post a link to my site tomorrow, but I'm waiting for my OH to polish up the writing for me - I can make pretty things, I just can't write to save my life. ROTFL

E x

Comment

Originally posted by waitingformagic
                        Is it only me who'd be paranoid they were just saying that to soften me up to buy something just cos it's 20% off?
                        Lol - I usually think like that when it comes to things like this, but I'm trying to be more positive these days.

They had lots of lovely pieces when I was looking yesterday, but just couldn't justify buying anything (plus I forgot to pay myself and only have about £10 left in my account!). *gulp*

Comment

Well done. That's wonderful!
                          Handmade Designer Jewellery, Art and Photography
                          http://www.elainehillson.co.uk
                          http://tollykit.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X