OOPS where is the Toilet?? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS where is the Toilet?? :)

I know it is going to be a little bit weird question but i really need to ask
    when you are at the craft fairs or at the market and if you have to look after your stall alone how are you leaving your items on the table and go somewhere else ?i am going to attend some craft fairs soon and i will be alone there .it s really worrying oops (sorry for my bad english again )

gulsun

www.glcjewellery.com
    Last edited by GLCjewellery; 03-05-2009, 04:22 PM.

I cross my legs until someone comes along that I can trust to watch my stall! At Country Living I was on my own for five days - that's a lot of leg crossing!!
    Best wishes
    Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

I was welcomed by the organizer and then started smiling and then talking little by little to the other people on the next table, opposite, behind, and each one said that if I needed to go to the loo or even have a mosey around that everyone covers for everyone else. I felt safe to leave everything there and pass my moneybox over to whoever I asked. I think you can suss out quite quickly who wants to help and who wants to keep to themselves. Just say hi and see how it goes, failing that take a small notice that says something like 'back in a minute' and take your purse with you
      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I generally just ask the person next to me to keep an eye on my stall and if anyone asks just say I'll be back in a sec!!
        Always been ok up to now!! Touch wood!
        Rach

Facebook
        Website
        Blog
        Folksy

Comment

Get to know your neighbouring stands and don't drink too much during the day !

Debbie
          www.beadservice.net
          On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

no drinking beer during the event then lol .it is going to be my first event here .i am so excited.))
            gulsun
            www.glcjewellery.com

Comment

The only problem with asking another stallholder to watch is that if they have a customer then your stuff isn't being watched. Also at events where there's a shell scheme they can't watch so easily. I've had some quite expensive stuff nicked when I've taken my eye off it, so it's not worth the risk.
              Best wishes
              Carole

Comment

All stall holders are in the same boat. We all help each other, look after each others stall.

I often end up selling meat, veg, chocolates at Farmers Markets and the veg guy is getting so good at selling my soaps that I am thinking of taking giving him a job.

I really do not find this a problem.

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thats really sweet!! I love it when ppl help others spesh if men are being nice!
                  http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
                  http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

Comment

I jump in first and I ask the stall holder next to me whether they'd like me to get them a cup of tea then I'm set up for asking for help if I need it. I find I don't. I usually take a flask of coffee with me and even on the long days 9am to 6pm I miraculously last out.
                    At the fairs where I know everybody and my neighbour would have looked after my stall anyway I pay a bored stall holder's kid to watch the stall while I nip out. (They are not expected to do anything, just tell their mum if anyone trys to nick anything.)
                    And I always take my money with me.
                    AnnieAnna

Comment

I have always found that someone on a neighbouring stall will keep an eye on mine if I need to leave it for any reason - obviously I try to not be away from mine too long and will reciprocate for others.

Linda

Comment

I have never found it a problem, other stallholders are always willing to keep an eye out (as I would for them). Try and choose a time when it is quieter and don't be away long!! Good luck with your fair.
                        Cynthia
                        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I also find that other stall holders will watch your stall, and you may have to do it for them. Especially the people next to you, theres no doubt you will soon get chatting.

I was next to a nice man at a fair last year. A lady was looking at my stall, picked up a vase and sort of looked at me quickly and did a motion thing with her hand to say she would be right back, and she ran off with it chasing her friend to show her!! The man on the stall next to me ran after her and got it back, and left his stall unattended to do so!

Comment

I think it depends on the value of what you're selling. I only ask other stallholders if there are 2 people. It's a big responsibility to ask someone otherwise to watch your stall if you have easy to pinch rings and things over the value of about £50.
                            Best wishes
                            Carole

Comment

I don't think it's a weird question - I was just wondering the exact same thing!
                              www.jwuniverse.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X