Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with making a bridal hair vine

Hello,
    I really want to have a go at making a Bridal Hair vine but i cant figure out how its done. Does anyone know of any good tips or books that may have instructions. the twisting part is ok but i cant workout how to start and finish the piece.
    Also what gauge of wire would you use. I use 0.4 for my tiaras.

Any help would be gratefully received
    Pinkdawn

www.pinkdawn.etsy.com

www.pinkdawnjewelry.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/pinkdawnjewelry

www.flickr.com/pinkdawnjewelry

I have a hair vine on my flickr page, I used 0.4 wire and finished the ends with a loop for hair pins and then twisted the wire back up the vine so there werent any sharp ends.
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

Comment

that about sums it up!
      www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

I must be having one of those days but i just cant get my head around it.
        Do you start with 1 piece of wire folded?
        Do you start in the middle or at one end?

With the vine on your flickr page, how much wire would you say it took?

Sorry for all the questions, its 10.30pm here in oz and my brain is not wanting to take it in
        Pinkdawn

www.pinkdawn.etsy.com

www.pinkdawnjewelry.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/pinkdawnjewelry

www.flickr.com/pinkdawnjewelry

Comment

I used 20m of wire for the tiara, vine and hair clips, the vine was prob at least half of that.

Start with about a metre of wire, slip a bead on nearish one end and twiddle it so its the height you want. Then slip a bead down from the other end, leave enough of a gap so the two wont be right next to each other and twiddle it again. I worked one way then came back the second way so until I started coming back there was only a single strand of wire and it looked rubbish! As soon as I started working the other way and twiddling the middle of bit of vine it worked. Am sure there are other ways of doing it.

The great thing about twiddled wire is if you get to the end and you feel there is a bare patch you can always add a bit in. Once you start it will be fine, its the first twiddle thats the hardest!
          flickr
          blog
          my website
          etsy

Comment

Working...
          X