Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi! I've just joined this forum and it looks great!

I would say I'm quite an inexperienced beader, I have done a few school fairs, and always sold out within a couple of hours

I need some advice on how to display jewellery becasue I just lay it out on a nice tablecloth, which doesn't seem very professional! I would also like to hear from anyone who has sold their crafts to shops. How do you approach them?

Thanks,
    Lili

THE ART OF SELLING YOUR CRAFT

Hi Lili and welcome to the forum.

My name is Louise and I run a company called Craft-Link UK. I have written a book called THE ART OF SELLING YOUR CRAFT which you will find of great help with display techniques - presentation being so important!

I am an ex-show organiser and exhibitor and the book covers all topics from just starting out and setting up your company to running a successful craft business with maxiimum impact and profit. It doesn't matter what you sell - the principles of successful selling remain the same.

Take a look in the books section for more information or visit our website at www.craftlink.co.uk where you can purchase directly with your credit or debit card.

All the very best with your new venture and I feel confident the book will steer you in the right direction.
    Craft-Link UK
    The Art of Selling Your Craft - The essential read for craft workers!
    Help, guidance and advice on how to make the most selling craft for profit - and getting it right!

Craft-Link UK - www.craftlink.co.uk
    Encouraging Creativity

Comment

Re: Hello

I do crafts fairs too and here are a few ideas if you want to avoid paying for professional displays:
      - use a nice mug tree to hang bracelets / necklaces
      - use some glass 'panels' laid flat over a cloth (a bit like what you are doing at the moment)
      - use a cork board and cover it with sticky back black velvet and pin down your creations
      - use a frame and do same as above with a nice cloth
      - go to crafts fairs and look at how other jewellery makers display their creations
      Hope this helps
      Bea
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Re: Hello

Originally posted by Bea
        I do crafts fairs too and here are a few ideas if you want to avoid paying for professional displays:
        - use a nice mug tree to hang bracelets / necklaces
        - use some glass 'panels' laid flat over a cloth (a bit like what you are doing at the moment)
        - use a cork board and cover it with sticky back black velvet and pin down your creations
        - use a frame and do same as above with a nice cloth
        - go to crafts fairs and look at how other jewellery makers display their creations
        Hope this helps
        Bea
        Great tips...

Thanks bea...
        sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Jewellery display

Hi there - i sell a lot at fairs and if there one thing I would recommend it lighting. I use a set of track lights, but you could have spot lights on the table. Jewellery always looks better when its illuminated. also, for years I used a green background as the place where I displayed was green and i thought my display would complement the surroundings. then a chance remark made me realise that what I was actually doing was merging into the background!! I changed the display to dramatic black and white and such a diiference. Now the display is no longer in the background but in your face! Much more effective and sales went up as well. so do consider your surroundings when deciding on your display.
          another thing I've found is a lot of people cram the table with loads of pieces - personally i think this is distracting. My motto is less is more. your customers will not be so overwelmed with a moderate amount of pieces nicely displayed, than having to encounter hundreds of pieces lying on top of one another on the table!
          good luck with your venture,
          Nicola
          www.nicolamcareejewellery.co.uk

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your kind advice! Beaders are always so friendly! I can't wait until the next craft show now.

Luv Lili

Comment

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by littlelili
              Thanks everyone for your kind advice! Beaders are always so friendly! I can't wait until the next craft show now.

Luv Lili
              Post a photo of your stool so we can all have a look.. :lol:
              sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Re: Jewellery display

Very good point about the lighting, Nicola. I went to the Bead Fair in Harrogate a couple of weeks ago and those who had no lights looked really dark, and I felt I couldn't really see the colours of the beads.
                I've not sorted anything about lighting so far when I do craft fairs but I'll have to think about it!!!

Bea
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Working...
                X