Gift Packaging Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Packaging Dilema

Right, so I need to get some nice gift packaging for my jewellery, but I'm stuck on what to do:

Option 1
    Get some white manila jewellery boxes and customise by stamping my logo onto them and adding other embelishments such as ribbon (in the same colour as my website).

Option 2
    Get white pillow boxes and do the same as above but also wrap items in tissue paper before putting into the box.

I think I like the pillow box idea more but as items are going to be kind of pricey, some upwards of £100, does it seem like a cheap option? Basically I'd like to know if people would feel let down if they spent over £100 on an item of jewellery and recieved it in a pillow box rather than a "solid" gift box?

On another note, I'm actually having real trouble finding plain white manila boxes - everywhere I look they seem to have a gloss swirl pattern on them!

Anywho, advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
    Em x
    www.silverflock.com - Handmade fine silver jewellery
    www.emmajacob.com - Illustration

try pottersuk.com

they have a great range

personally if i was spending over £100 id want a really really really nice box!
    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

have you tried bagnboxman banbury (google them)
      or the tiny box company

Packaging is a real problem for most of us as it can be so expensive!

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks for that link Gbel, I think I've tried pottersuk, but couldn't find what I was looking for...but I'll have another look.

When you say "a really really really nice box", what do you have in mind? The look I want to go for is minimalist and clean but also of a high quality to keep in style with the website (it's not up yet so that doesn;t really help you much I suppose). :S

Em

Comment

Personally, I think any item over a relatively low price should be "gift" packaged rather than "packaged".. As an example, my friend needed a "posh" frock and was prepared to spend up to £200.. she bought one but when at home decided it was not quite right, so returned it and bought one from a different shop.. Shop 1 just folded and bagged the dress.. Shop 2 tissue wrapped, and boxed the dress.. she loves the dress, loves getting the box out and taking a peek, showing it to people.. she has others costing the same and more, but this one gets the full treatment.. I am absolutely certain the box adds to the pleasure.

Even if a box cost £2.50, surely it is worth the price to add value to your expensive or large items???

Comment

Thanks for the adice so far.

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
            Even if a box cost £2.50, surely it is worth the price to add value to your expensive or large items???
            Sparkysdad, I think you may have taken my post out of context - I'm not trying to go with the cheapest option here. I personally happen to prefer pillow boxes - I have loads of jewellery given to me as gifts, but I always have this feeling that I should keep the boxes, so now my bedroom is full of them At least with pillow boxes you can unfold back to their flat postion (I think) to save room.

As I'm accustomed to getting boxes with my jewellery I was just wondering how people in general would feel about recieving a more expensive piece of jewellery, gift wrapped in a pillow box rather than a hard box.

I guess so far from people's responses that the pillow box just isn't an option.

Em

Comment

I wouldnt be happy with a pillow box for an expensive item of jewellery, I would expect a box with a lid at least. I agree with Sparkys Dad, I am exactly the same, i would go to the shop with the nice box and tissue.

however if its a pair of earrings that are £25.00 say, then id be happy with a nice pillow box with tissue paper
              www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone for your honesty!

Pillow boxes have been abandoned. lol

I think I may have come up with an alternative (back to the good old box), but something I created as packaging back in uni which seemed to go down a treat with the public. Depends on if I can source the right materials though!

Again, thanks for all your feedback on this.

Em

Comment

We spent quite a long time trying to source a plain, contempory looking gift box for a reasonable price, its not available in white though... (the problem with white boxes is they pick up dirt and dust very easily!)

But i think if you want to go down the pillow box route, there are quite a few simple things you can do to make the presentation look more expensive and more special, I received a pair of earrings i bought from a designer in a card box tied in ribbon, with a sticker on (with her logo) and a little chocolate as well, all wrapped in an organza bag. It looked very special and expensive looking.

You might find these links useful for ideas...

http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...on-boxes-PB35/

http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...ift-bags-PB38/

Hannah
                  WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
                  Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

now that sounds good
                    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk

Comment

Why not give people an option re gift pack?

I like pillow packs!!!

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

ah no well i disagree on the organza bags, just not special enough, although they are pretty, the velvet bags you have are much nicer.
                        www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk

Comment

These ones?

http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...awstring-PB36/

I think what i like about the organza bags is that you can wrap the jewellery in matching coloured tissue paper so it coordinates with the bag - i think customers have also sewn things onto the bags as well which is a nice idea, although perhaps not suited so much to very high priced items...
                          WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Comment

yes those, if they had the company name on would be lovely.
                            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk

Comment

How about attaching a little metal tag or similar with your logo on or company name? you could attach it with a couple of stitches or as a tag on the drawstrings?
                              WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X