How many craft fayres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many craft fayres?

How many craft fayres do you look do participate in over a year?

What price range do you look to pay and what do you expect for this price?

I am organising my own craft fayre and have had a great response. But I am also looking at doing a few others in my area.

As many as I can fit in without annoying my husband!!!! Being strictly a part-time crafter and a non -driver I do have restrictions. The beginning of the year is always a bit empty of craft fairs in this area, so I would like at least one a month through the summer and autumn if possible and more if they are easily accessible. Others I know do many more, particularly those who are running full time businesses from their crafts.
    Cynthia
    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I tend to book approx 1 fair per month, as well as a few exhibitions per year. Taking into consideration the time between each event, allowing myself to have plenty of time to make more stock if neccessary. Probably do more fairs per month around christmas

I spend between £20 - £200, depending on the event, i.e. 1 day small local fair, or large international event over 4 days.

Comment

Being full time, we aim to do 30 - 50 events per month, but that trebles in Nov & Dec

Whatever I pay for a stall, I expect some advertising, even if it is flyers in school bags for a school event, obviously for bigger events TV and magazines.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

At the moment I only have 3 booked, not for want of trying but am not prepared to pay more than £15.00 per event. I may be tight but have built up a spreadsheet of rentals and takings over a period of time and this is the average amount that I can almost guarantee to recover the rent and costs etc. Have done the expensive ones and earned less than at the smaller events.

Comment

I am trying to do about 2-3 fairs per month, more in Oct/Nov/Dec. I have 2 preschool children so has to be eve or weekends for me. I am prepared to pay up to about £40 but depends on the event. Average is usually between £10 -£20. I would pay more for a wedding event.
            Joanna
            Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

How many fairs

I usually do between 3 to 5 a month with more at Christmas. I pay from £10 to £50 depending on the size of the event.

Anita
              Silvergirl
              www.contemporarycraft.co.uk

Comment

I'll do as many as you care to organise!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem really organised with this one in Crewkerne so count me in to any others you are thinking of!
                Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

hdflred - I can see my 4 year old spending any profit I make on your stall! Especially the pretty hair clips etc.

We are definately going to go ahead and organise some more, probably in different locations to test the water as there seems to be a severe lack of craft fayres in this area, unless they are over priced.

Comment

There's also a severe lack of them in Essex too.........
                    www.occasions-accessories.co.uk
                    Facebook Group

Handmade Occasion Jewellery, Bridal Accessories and Head wear. Semi Precious Gemstones, Swarovski Crystal & Sterling Silver. Bespoke service available.

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                      Being full time, we aim to do 30 - 50 events per month, but that trebles in Nov & Dec

Whatever I pay for a stall, I expect some advertising, even if it is flyers in school bags for a school event, obviously for bigger events TV and magazines.

Jane
                      30-50 a month!!!! Jane you must be super woman.. I can only manage 2 a month. that said I have 3 in July and August and November / December I usually do 1 every weekend.

I tend to pay between £15 and £70. the £70 is a 3 dayer. last year I paid £90 each for 2 - 2 dayers but only made the table money, so not doing those again.
                      Last edited by Lilac Moon; 25-03-2009, 09:34 PM.
                      Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

How do you manage to do 50 a month? That sounds absolutely manic!

I struggle with 2 or 3 a month and virtually every day in December. I pay between £30 a day and £1,000 for 5 days. Sometimes I make proportionately more at a smaller local event than at a big event. My regular craft fairs cost £65 a day.
                        Best wishes
                        Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Ive got 6 so far this year, two of them are my own events. As said by Faye, there is a severe lack in and around Essex for craft fairs!

Would love to do more, and will probably end up organising more. Yes there are some in my area, if you want tat, bought in, table top and charity all under the umberella of a craft fair!!!!

Also agree with the amount of rent for a stall, Ive paid £20/£30 and taken nothing or very little. I paid £5 and took over £50 (in 2 hours)

If an event is well advertised then I will consider it, but I do my homework on the venue first, whether attending or organising!
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

where on earth do you actually find 50 craft fairs a month!!maybe its a year?
                            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

How often at events do you get invited to another one?

The more you do, the more you end up doing.

Jane
                              www.just-soaps.com
                              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
                              X