stoopid question #354 u-pins help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stoopid question #354 u-pins help!!!

I know this is stupid but bear with me I have my first ever stall tomorrow at a pamper day, and I have bought u-pins to display my jewellery.

Do you use them as a peg so the jewellery item goes inside the loop of the U and it gets fastened to the display or do you use them as a hook so you pin the pin and then hang the jewellery on it?

If anyone can point me at close up pictures that would be even better.

Thanks
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Hi Elinor

No question is ever stupid!!!
    I can't help with your question, sorry

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Have you tried it both ways? Which looks better?

I dont think it really matters whether you do it the "right" way as long as it looks ok and shows off your jewellery to it's best advantage!

Comment

Because I travel with my board already assembled, I usually capture the jewellery with them so it doesn't fall off in transit.

They do work both ways though and it's a matter of personal choice.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks all, most helpful

BBD that's a very good point, it would be useful to set up the board before I take it, so spearing it is
          Elinor
          x

My Misi page
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi cupcake
            Spent a good day a few weeks ago deciding this one!
            I traveled with my board set up, but didnt want to re-pin at the event and wanted the u-pins as a hook so people could take things off easily to hold.
            I put the u-pin in as a hook, hung the necklace from it the took another u-pin and pulling the necklace down as far as it would go pinned the bottom in so it couldnt move. Then I travelled with my board upright to insure nothing came off. It worked!
            Best of luck.

Comment

I also use cling film to wrap them tight to the board- works especially well with earrings- wish I was organised when packing up though cos i have loads of earrings to re organise lol
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

Working...
              X