Stall at University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stall at University

Through my business gateway mentor and being a graduate of Napier uni i have a 4 hour slot at a table in the foyer of one of the campus's (campusie....lol) in Edinburgh. Its on the 18th March from 11 - 3pm. Just in time for mothers day.

Thing is i am a little all over the place. Iv not made anything in yonks, dont have money to buy materials....so do you think my things will appeal to students?

Any other tips selling to the poor students lol.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

You go for it girl, your stuff is lovely and I am sure it will appeal to students (or their mums).

Have confidence and go for it, I'm sure you will sell loads which will boost your confidence and your bank balance.

Good luck
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I agree completely with Diane, you go for it! Good luck
      Sarah

Comment

your'e designs are beautiful and have definate appeal to young and old(er).
        If you don't have loads of stock arrange what you have artily(sp?) and enjoy the 4 hrs

let us know how it goes
        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jewellery will always appeal to students I'm sure. There will be evenings out to dress up for and it being in time for mothering sunday is a bonus. so I can't see what the problem is and you may even get members of staff popping along to see whats going on too (anything to get out of doing some real work for half an hour or so).
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Just wanted to say hi, I'm a graduate of Napier too!
            I was there from 2002-2005 in the veterinary nursing degree programme, when were you there?
            I'm sure you will do fine!
            Louise
            x

Comment

Louise - i did the vet nursing degree from 2004 - 2006 then changed to Animal Biology after 2nd year. Graduated 2008. Kinda wish i stuck out the vet nursing as i would have more chance at a job! But i enjoyed the 3rd and 4th year of animal biology. Are you working at a vets now?

WfM - Thanks!!
              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Well i made £75! Not a bad day. My best takings so far at a craft fair...i think it helped i was the only stall around lol Though, i had to spend £10 on a taxi getting there as the bus drove right past me! I miss my car.

I bought some pricey goats cheese as a treat to myself for dinner Also the cheese man was pretty dishy

Comment

So buying the cheese was just an excuse to chat to him then!!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Lol, iv never been in that shop before so i didnt know he was there

Though i think the cheese is a little strong as i had a sample taste and my belly is grumbling. I cant eat cows milk cheese you see so i stick to goats cheese occasionally.

Comment

Pleased to hear you were happy with the day.

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

well done Amy!! go you!
                        Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Well done, thats fantastic! Good luck with what might be a new romance... sorry if that sounded 'cheesey' lol
                          Sarah

Comment

super well dpone. Did nobody else turn up? why were you the only stall there or was it just you to begin with? Great day though, congratulaitons.,

Comment

Which cheese shop? I like cheese and dishy men, would love to see the two combined!

Well done on your sales, I have no idea how you managed to go on the bus, I wouldn't be able to carry half my stuff!
                              www.beadlab.com

Comment

Working...
                              X