taking photos of work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking photos of work

Hi all, Iv just started to design my website for my jewellery and have to take pics to display my items. Iv order a light tent from eBay hopefully that will work. I was just wander how everyone else takes pictures of their items?

Thanks H
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

Spend the next few hours reading anything this guy posted! He hasn't been on the forum for some time, but he helped a lot of people while he was here!
    http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10207

Comment

thanks for that Peter I'll have a look at the thread tomorrow.
      Handmade Jewellery
      Follow me on Twitter
      www.
      elizakate.co.uk
      Etsy Shop!

Comment

Hi,

I tried to put some links, but I can only after 25 posts

in youtube, search: How to photograph jewelry

Good videos will appear

www.light-moment.com - drawings made with light

Comment

It took me ages to work out how to get good pictures of jewellery but I got there after ALOT of experimentation and advice from other people. This is how I do it ...
          I use a light tent like you have ordered and then in the bottom of it I place a piece of thick pure white fabric. On top of that I put a frosted white plastic in-tray which I got from homebase (I'm not allowed to post links yet but if you do a search on homebase's website for 'poly prop in-tray' that is the one I use). I display my jewellery ontop of the upside down tray. All of this I do next to a bright window.
          I put my camera on a cheap tripod I got off ebay and I have cut a little hole in the front of the light tent to poke my lens through but so that you can't see the reflection of my camera in my jewellery. It works a treat and the pictures look pretty professional, the in-tray gives them a floating quality and distracting shadows are a thing of the past!
          I did experiment with various lights so that I could photograph my work in the evening but without spending a fourtune I haven't found anything that works very well as of yet. Daylight is the best thing.
          Hope this helps!
          www.belovedly.co.uk
          www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
          www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Spend the next few hours reading anything this guy posted! He hasn't been on the forum for some time, but he helped a lot of people while he was here!
            http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10207

Just been taking a peep at this thread, because I am a hopeless photographer! This man knows his stuff.. thanks peter.
            Sarah

Comment

Thanks for your comments alibear hopefully my tent will arrive in the next few days and I can start experimenting. I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions!!
              Handmade Jewellery
              Follow me on Twitter
              www.
              elizakate.co.uk
              Etsy Shop!

Comment

Working...
              X