Which Kiln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kiln

I'd love to start making my own beads and jewellery, with Fimo, glass, PMC etc...

I have a special birthday this year and am thinking of asking for a kiln - what type should I get that can do all of the above things? Is there one, that can do all of the above??

Also, can you get kilns that do the jewellery stuff, but also fire normal clay as well??

Stacey

a kiln for PMC/enamelling/glass may not be designed to reach the temperatures require

My wife has been firing her glass pieces in a pottery kiln for a few years now with great success, I can see no reason why you shouldn't also be able to fire PMC.
    Just bear in mind a kiln for PMC/enamelling/glass may not be designed to reach the temperatures required for firing and glazing pottery (1040 -1080C earthenware and or 1260 - 1280C for stoneware).
    Also I think I am right in saying that a PMC/Glass kiln can be run with a simple off/on switch. A pottery kiln is much easier and efficiently run with a digital controller which controls the longer firing schedule.
    Hope this helps
    Robin
    www.toppotsupplies.co.uk

Comment

I have a Paragon kiln with a bead door which I love and is programmable to do most things. I don't know anything about ceramics though, so don't know if it would work for that. Just look up the temperatures you need for everything and see which kilns would do what you want.
      Best wishes
      Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X