Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Studio Space

Hi everyone

I probably mentioned this when I joined, but I've just moved into a new studio space. I've spent today there, putting up the tables which took a lot longer than I thought!! Anyway, I've just added an album of my work in progess shots of the space.

Becci
    x
    Last edited by Fired Silver; 23-02-2009, 06:39 PM.
    PMC Certification Modules in Cheshire - www.firedsilver.co.uk

Gosh
    You are tidy!!!
    I dare not show mine

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Only because I got the keys last week! I'm moving stuff in, I haven't started working there yet - when I do it'll be chaos!!

Becci
      xx

Comment

Lucky you, what a lovely looking studio, I thought I was doing well when I moved my work table from the garage to my bedroom to have somewhere nice and warm to work.

I'd love a studio to work from and perhaps teach mosaic from, perhaps one day when the children are older!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

How long will it stay tidy?? If you're like me not long.

Is it in old farm buildings?
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
            How long will it stay tidy?? If you're like me not long.

Is it in old farm buildings?
            Probably not long although, I am teaching from there too, so it'll have to be tidy-ish!

It's part of the Capesthorne Hall estate, so it's renovated buildings. There's a few there so I've got a bit of company!

Becci
            x

Comment

Nice! Looks inspiring.
              "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
              Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
              http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks lovely. I've got a nice big studio too but I don't have any company as it's in my garden. Well actually, I will have company soon as my hubby's taking early retirement but it's not something I particularly look forward to lol!
                Best wishes
                Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Ohhh how exciting for you... what a lovely looking space, would love to see more pics once you've settled right in. x
                  www.maygreen-fairies.co.uk
                  www.maygreen-fairies.blogspot.com
                  www.facebook.com/maygreenfairies
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maygreenfairies

Comment

Good luck in your new space! Looks a great area to work in, you must be really excited! Enjoy your new craft home!
                    Sarah

Comment

That looks fab, you lucky thing. Wish you every success there in the future.

Comment

What a lovely building, good luck to you!
                        Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

studio space

wow that looks like a lovely space, and a nice warm carpet! I think it is important to have your studio space away from home as you actually feel like you are going out to work and feel motivated. I have found that working from home can become quite 'easy' because you are more relaxed and can stop for cups of tea etc, and perhaps your work is slowed down. I have recently set up a studio space in the warehouse where i work, which is good of my boss to let me! It can be cold in the evenings but soon warms up once you get working

Comment

good luck , it looks a lovely studio

I'd love a space of my own...I don't even have a spare room or shed I can use
                            Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                            my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                            my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone. Charlotte you're right! I really needed to separate my home life from my jewellery making! I'm a bit frustrated at the moment, because I have a part time job 3 days a week so can't be at the studio as often as I'd like to finish off the setting up.

I think I'm going to go later on with my little girl and maybe have an hour there. I haven't made anything in about 2 weeks now and I'm having withdrawl symptoms!! My etsy store is set up ready to be re-launched but I haven't got enough stock ggggrrrrr!

Good things come to those who wait!

Becci
                              x

Comment

Working...
                              X