how to make....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make....

My friend has just found out she is pregnant for the 3rd time(mad) and she really wants me to make her a nursing/breastfeeding necklace.
    From what I can remember from breastfeeding it will need to be very strong and non toxic beads as they chew and possibly a safety clasp?
    She would like to start wearing it as soon as possible with a bell on as apparently babies remember the sound.

If anyone has any ideas I would be forever indebt

Many thanks
    Samantha
    samantha x

A bit of info here. basicly anything goes as regard design. http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/How-To-Cho...00000002798671
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Thanks for that, now all I need to do is find non toxic beads and an extremely strong cord. All ideas welcome.
      Most of me wishes that I had said no.... but she really wanted me to make it for her. Since she has been exploring the web she has decided that she wants it personalising with babies name!

I think I will just hibernate and come back out when baby is teenager
      samantha x

Comment

A breastfeeding necklace is for the baby to grab and fiddle with while they are feeding to stop them looking around for more interesting stuff so you might not need non toxic beads - tbh i would be a bit worried about a baby chewing any beads as they might manage to crack one (depends how long she is going to breastfeed - it might have teeth!). Ask your friend what she wants it for, might save you some searching.

Have you thought about knotting cord? Thats nice and strong. I have also seen them with magnetic clasps so the necklace comes off rather than hurts mums neck if baby does yank it.

You can get bells in colours, have seen them on ebay, they would be nice
        flickr
        blog
        my website
        etsy

Comment

Hi she wants to feed herself for between 6- 12 months all being well. At the risk of sounding totally stupid what is the cord you refer to?

I am so nervous and excited as I have a meeting with business advisor tomorrow looking at setting up a jewellery business. I must be totally insane.
          samantha x

Comment

How lovely that shes asked you though
            **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
            Different prize every month
            Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
            PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

I just mean normal cord and knot it between beads to space them out as you want, it wouldnt break like chain and no chance of crimps coming loose. I think the ides is to use beads of different sizes (textures if you can find them) to make it interesting to feel so they could be spaced out, no reason for them all to be together.

Good luck with your meeting tomorrow, thats really exciting!

And good luck to your friend, I have 4 and can confirm she must be mad
              flickr
              blog
              my website
              etsy

Comment

I am pleased she asked me, but omg why me, why not earrings or something else within my capability.

I also have 4 children and I would of thought she would learn from my madhouse I like to call home.
                I am really excited about tomorrow and cant believe I am actually going I usually bottle things at the first hurdle. If all goes well I will be posting tonight if not then I will be wollowing in the bottom of a wine glass
                samantha x

Comment

lol, am sure you will do a great job!

I am really impressed that you have it all set up, I registered with HMRC planning on doing stuff and then totally lost enthusiasm so year end accounts should be a doddle!

You obviously make it look so easy having 4 that she thought it would be a breeze

I think you should be proud of yourself
                  flickr
                  blog
                  my website
                  etsy

Comment

I think that you should go for it, especially as you are already registered.

How I can make having 4 kids look easy god only knows. I am moaning about the brats often enough to her. I wouldnt change it though i love having such a busy house and 4 boys ranging from 8mths to 9 yrs definately keeps it busy.
                    I will keep you posted about how it goes and fingers crossed it goes well.
                    or I'll be a wreck for the morning and the guy will just send me packing
                    samantha x

Comment

You'll make a fortune making nursing necklaces too!
                      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

No, this is a one off. I am going to stick to pmc and as I develope my skills at my silversmithing class I will introduce that also.
                        My business idea is one of getting several crafters together and open a gallery of sorts!
                        samantha x

Comment

Excellent idea! We're all waiting to hear how it goes.
                          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well the business advisor has said that he thinks my business plan etc are all good enough to put into practice. I have been offered some funding in ways of grants, so now all I need is a rocket up my behind
                            samantha x

Comment

Good luck with your new venture I wouldnt drag your heels if I were you, it sounds like your onto a winner! Wishing you loads of success
                              Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X