Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver = heart attack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silver = heart attack

    I went into Bairds in Glasgow to buy some silver for my course tomorrow. Only needed a bit of silver sheet for a thick band ring. Ordered that and it was only £4.50 so i thought that i would order some more for a future projects. £65 later!!! OMG, when he rung it up i thought i was going to pass out! I couldnt tell him to put it back cause he had already cut it!!! I actually felt faint all the way home! ha ha. That will teach me!
    Snowf1975

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

  • #2
    The young guy in Bairds is really nice - he would have taken it back if you spent too much, lol! Good suppliers though.
    http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Woops! I'm sure you'll make good use of it though
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Amethystjewellery View Post
        The young guy in Bairds is really nice - he would have taken it back if you spent too much, lol! Good suppliers though.
        Is that Greg you're talking about? If so, he can't be that young now as I remember him when him and Dillon worked in Cookson Carle and I was just a young student myself God, thinking about that, it was 12 years ago
        www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

        Comment


        • #5
          Put it this way, youre using what you buy.
          My dentist charged me £50 for mssng an 8am appointment!!
          http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
          http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
            Put it this way, youre using what you buy.
            My dentist charged me £50 for mssng an 8am appointment!!
            Goodness! I feel a bit better now.
            Snowf1975

            https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by teallach View Post
              Is that Greg you're talking about? If so, he can't be that young now as I remember him when him and Dillon worked in Cookson Carle and I was just a young student myself God, thinking about that, it was 12 years ago
              Well, the guy that served me was late 20's id say. Quite tasty.
              Snowf1975

              https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

              Comment


              • #8
                It must be Greg as I'm sure it's just him, Dillon and Leanne that work there. I only met Leanne for the first time last year though I've been ordering from them over the phone for years. Like I said, I remember the other 2 from way back but that was when I was 20 and I would have thought Greg would have been my age or slightly older which makes him in his 30's. He had dark blonde shoulder length hair back then Must have thought he was a bit of all right to remember him out of all the ones that worked there
                www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lol! Yes, I might be past it, but I still have an eye for a good looking guy.
                  http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    where is bairds ? i don`t need any silver, but if the staff are soo pretty i was thinking of a visit

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      82 Mitchell Street, Glasgow
                      http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lol, can't vouch for the staff in their other branches
                        www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I remember my tutor saying that he'd much rather spend his money on some silver than keep it in his bank. It's a good investment, at least you know that that silver will increase in value.
                          You'll get so much enjoyment from using it aswell!
                          Carla
                          carla jennings jewellery
                          my blog

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's some stunning work you have done, I really like the textures on some of them.
                            Mozzy

                            My (new) blog
                            http://metalfarquhar.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SNOWF1975 View Post
                              I went into Bairds in Glasgow to buy some silver for my course tomorrow. Only needed a bit of silver sheet for a thick band ring. Ordered that and it was only £4.50 so i thought that i would order some more for a future projects. £65 later!!! OMG, when he rung it up i thought i was going to pass out! I couldnt tell him to put it back cause he had already cut it!!! I actually felt faint all the way home! ha ha. That will teach me!
                              Mmmm. Try hanging that in your wardrobe and kidding other half you have had it for months. lol
                              Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X