strong threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strong threads

Hi all, just wondered if you could help me please? I want to make some extra strong semi-precious bead necklaces but unsure which thread would be strongest. I have bought a breastfeeding necklace before which said is was tested to 100 wt or something like that-so would like something similar. Also has anyone any opinions as to a strong clasp-though something safe that would break under undue pressure-so as not to cause strangulation if caught! I would really appreciate your advice! Thanks
    www.beadsformamas.co.uk

I'd recommend 49-stand beadalon wire for gemstones. Use a large gauge for large beads and a thinner one for smaller beads. As for a clasp, I'd go for a lobster clasp that is attached with an open jumpring to allow for a breaking point but I'd use a split ring for the actual ring that goes through the clasp (if that makes any sense?).

Hope this helps.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thank you for that, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me advice, at least I know what to look for now as I was doing lots of searches and going off on tangents etc!
      www.beadsformamas.co.uk

Comment

49 strand Beadalon wire is the best wire I have found for gemstone beads.
        It is rather expensive unfortunately.
        Chris W.
        x
        Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Working...
        X