Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery pinboard/display

Hi everyone
    I have my 1st craft fair coming up in a few weeks and am looking at my stall display. Can anyone tell me where to get those folding pinboards you pin jewellery onto? Or maybe you all make your own?
    thanks.

I think its a good idea to buy a couple of boards, maybe cover them (black velvet looks effective as a backdrop with jewellery) pop a couple of hinges on connect and away you go!
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah, after a search i realised you couldn't buy them and would need to assemble pin boards together.

My other problem is that i am going for a vintage shabby chic kinda look - most jewellery display items are in black/white plastic which just dont tie in. I know I am probably making more work for myself but I feel the look is very important.

Comment

You can decorate them in shabby chic style. Pain the frames and then disress them. Use hessian or some faded cotton fabric for the centres.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Your so right, presentation is very important ...

I have just been looking at your work, its very beautiful ..

Not sure black is right for you... I wonder if a more rustic look would work?
          Last edited by autumn rose; 13-02-2009, 02:53 PM.
          Sarah

Comment

Oh yes, faded cotton, that would be great. i have 2 cream metal jewellery mannequins and a hessian one, plus 2 copper bracelet/necklace helicopter () stands, just need to get something for earrinsg and a pinboard stand and I am away!
            No photos of my stuff to sell as yet (been making all week), just similar to stuff from my website and album on here. Mostly girlie pastel colours beaded etc.
            Will post photo once laid out!

Comment

You can buy them ready-made but they are quite expensive as they're usually in the category of corporate presentation.

Its fairly easy to make them - get 2 pin boards for a few pounds each from any stationary shop, cover them with nice material if you want, join them together with a couple of metal hinges available really cheap from most DIY stores. You can join 3 boards but they don't fold up like the professional ones - you'd have to fold them so that they form a "Z" shape which isn't always practical when you have them loaded up with jewellery.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I think a cream linen type fabric would look nice with your jewellery.

Melanie

Comment

i did my wedding fair in a shabby chic style, cream would look great, i found some great things in a florists warehouse, I also make some Jewellery stands from wire and attached clip on butterflys. I found some clear little earring stands on ebay that were very cheap too.
                  Last edited by gbell; 13-02-2009, 03:15 PM.
                  www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

How about using some plain cream cereal bowls turned upside down for necklace display?
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

The only time I use black displays is for the opal glass/moonstone beads which look far better on black. My mum made me some little round and square 10cm pillows about 1cm thick in different colour velvets which look nice on the table with the jewellery draped over them. If you sell pearls they look really nice either next to, or draped across a big shell.

Melanie

Comment

I know this doesn't really answer your question but just had to say your stuff is beautiful!!!

Nat x

Comment

Wow, what a lot of good ideas, I can see I am going to be very busy this weekend getting prepared!

And thanks nat for the compliment, always nice to hear.

Comment

Working...
                          X